Route Calculation / Avoid Main Roads

[EN] I think I have found an issue with the route calculated by Kurviger
[DE] Ich glaube ich habe einen Fehler bei der Routenberechnung von Kurviger gefunden

The combination of routing options / segments and avoid main roads leads - at least to my opinion - to unexpected results. Possibly other avoidance settings also affected.

I checked with kurviger2, k3-beta and website, all the same. Graphhopper issue? Would be nice someone more experienced could double check, in case I have overseen something or there is a misunderstanding.

[EN] I read the corresponding documentation
[DE] Ich habe die entsprechende Documentation dazu gelesen

[EN] Here is a url to a short example (<10km) that shows the issue:
[DE] Hier ist ein Link zu einer kurzen Route (<10km) die das Problem zeigt:
[INSERT URL/LINK EINFÜGEN]

Bietigheim - Route Hauptstrasse.kurviger (967 Bytes)
Stuttgart 2 - Main Roads.kurviger (2.4 KB)

Files attached. Sorry - I could not find the button on the kurviger website to share it as link!? I use the website not often … Thanks in advance for a hint for stupids … yes, I have read the docs and viewd the video :slight_smile:

[EN] Description of the issue and how it should work instead:
[DE] Beschreibung des Problems und wie es anstatt dessen funktionieren sollte:
[INSERT DESCRIPTION/BESCHREIBUNG EINFÜGEN]

Here my test for route “Bietigheim” in detail. The second route behaves similar, the unexpected durations even sum up, when I leave a main road several times.

Inital - 1 minute

Play with segment profile. Switch option to avoid main roads:
Any combination of the profiles marked AND avoided main roads returns unexpected duration.
Physical route is unchanged, same distance, but now 6 minutes for 275 meters.

Compare both - first picture = first calculation
grafik

grafik

Thanks for reporting this issue. This is unfortunately a known issue. This is something we want to fix in the future. Unfortunately, there is no quickfix for this :slight_smile:.