Road continuity unexpectedly broken

Quick reminder to the community that we must always represent reality on OSM please, and not set access according to our wishes :slight_smile:

In this specific case, for snow closures, the OSM wiki recommends the following:

Add access=yes and access:conditional if the access level changes under circumstances like snow, ice, or flooding.

[Emphasis mine]

If you know that a gate is closed at a specific date (for example always from october to march) you can add that in the condition like so:
access:conditional=no @ Oct-Mar
See more info here

2 Likes

Route still does not work due to 2nd barrier :innocent:

I set access=yes also thereā€¦

1 Like

Ahh! This ā€œsolvesā€ the problem in my routing. But it canā€™t be the solution to this type of problem. The OSM access needs to be set to the default value. In this case, the gate is normally open and onlyclosed for snow, flooding, repair etc. Access should be set to yes as the default value.

On the plus side I learnt how to detetmine why this ocurrs and ti bypass it.

Thanks a lot to everybody here. I did not anticipate that much information and learning with my post !

Yes, but
https://docs.kurviger.de/web/faq/incorrect_routes#barriers
So already my proposal:

Okā€¦ now I have another problem. When I re-import the route, the beelines do not load. How do I save the beelines so they are included in the gpx file?

GPX is intended for transfer to 3rd party devices/SW. For transfer inside Kurviger you should use the native format (.kurviger). Please see
Transfer a Route within Kurviger or Save it for Later Use [Kurviger Knowledgebase]

5 Likes

Understood. But I export GPX to my Garmin GPS.so the questions remains on how to keep the beeline in a GPX format.

The Garmin does not care about the beeline. It has to calculate a new routing, usually based on the route you export.
The interesting question is, if the Garmin can plan the route segment between the two beeline points ā€¦

2 Likes