Rerouting changes the planned route

Actually blue arrow does not recalculate any route (unless tap it). It simply shows the direction to the route (based on selected option).

The additional menu appears only when start navigation and be off route, to allow users decide if want rerouting to route’s start or nearest point before begin navigation.
When navigation is already in progress, then any rerouting is performed automatically towards nearest / next waypoint.

Would need a kurviger file and user location, to see the actual route and where exactly user was when that happens, so can understand the navigator’s behavior there.

That should be the working workflow all this time according to how users described that expect a rerouting to work, i.e. perform a rerouting towards the nearest / next waypoint.

Again if something different happens in some case, would be convenient to provide a kurviger route file and user location, so we can examine further the situation. :slightly_smiling_face:

yes, I mean when tapping on the blue arrow…

# Eselssteige.kurviger (15.4 KB)

You can simulate this with every stored kurviger route, at least I can simulate this on my device… import this, then delete the start point in the waypoint list and tap on the blue arrow. It deletes all other waypoints when actual position is near to the destination.

Maybe this is because “thinking” I want to drive home when beeing close to destination (round trips), but I don’t want. It really doesn’t calculate to the next waypoint.

If import it, remove start waypoint (why?), start navigation while being off route and tap blue arrow then the options dialog appears to select rerouting to route’s start or nearest point. If select start then a rerouting happens using all waypoints.

just for simulating because I am sitting at home in front of my computer like you. I try to describe what happens when driving a planned round trip. This happens very often and I can even simulate this behaviour now while not riding.

You say

the working workflow all this time according to how users described that expect a rerouting to work, i.e. perform a rerouting towards the nearest / next waypoint.

Yes, this should be the way, but it really isn’t

Can you please try to simulate this like described with a stored round trip at your location? Switch on GPS location, then delete the start point to simulate beeing off the route and then press blue arrow. On my version this deletes all waypoints and re-calculates to the destination (home on a round-trip) and no sub-menu is shown, the recalculation starts directly.

If being off route before start navigation, then the rerouting options dialog appears. Then can select start or nearest point.

If navigation is in progress and go off route, then the rerouting is performed towards nearest / next waypoint. If be near destination that’s the nearest / next waypoint.

That’s the situation so far. What case do you have?

rerouting options dialog appear

did you realy try to simulate this? The option box doesn’t appear. That’s what I tried to explain at the beginning. I have no clue why sometimes this option appears and sometimes not.

Then this is the problem. Who wants this on a round trip?

When I just have started the planned route and already be off the planned route (because of stoppage or just because I have missed the road), then the blue arrow appears and pressing on it destroys all my waypoints and brings me back to the starting point. This is not what anyone can want ON A ROUND TRIP. On a round trip I want to pass all planned waypoints and not have the way back to my start point already.

My opinion is: on a round trip this should be avoided in any case that the “next waypoint” is interpreted as next to the gps position. It should be to the next planned waypoint. When I am thinking more about it, then this should be the default behaviour in any case. I want that my waypoints are exactly kept, just when there is a stoppage somewhere and I have to take a detour, then one waypoint could be skipped. But then I still have the option to skip it manually via the other option menu.

Deleting all my waypoints just because I am near to the end location is not what I want with a motorcyle navigation, even not when I am not on a round trip. When I want this, then I can use google maps.

Maybe the problem is the interpretion of the next waypoint as “next to the gps position”. To my opinion it should be next to the “next planned waypoint”.

Maybe there is just an additional setting missing for “interpretion of next waypoint” as next to gps position OR next to “next planned waypoint”… of course the development for this is not just done like snipping the finger… hope you can think about it and plan it in for the further versions.

It works as expected every single time, when start navigation while be off route.

Thing is that round trips were never normal routes as we know for navigation all this time, they have their own quirks.

For reference the old times navigation variables were more strict, so waypoints were followed precisely, but could not then really skip waypoints while exit / resume route.

Ok understand your point, but:

I drive more than 25000 km per year on a motorcycle and 70% are round trips. As much as I like the Kurviger app, I can’t use it any more if there is no option to strictly keep waypoints (except when I manually skip one of them - there is an option available for this, so no need for a change here).

When I want to visit a location and want to have many curvy roads which are close together before I reach this, the danger is that all the cool curves and even my preferred place of interest get’s deleted when I use the blue arrow. So the blue arrow is worthless for me, but should be a good function for a recalculation without skipping any waypoint or maybe just one as a maximum by default.

Can you please explain exactly when the submenu appears when using the blue arrow and when not. When I use it, mostly it doesn’t appear and even if it appears, then buttons are too close together so that I cannot always strike with the gloves the option that I want. When I use the wrong one or when the option menu doesn’t appear at all, I always lose my planned route. And this is something I can’t understand why somebody should want this on a motorcycle navigation, independent from beeing on a round trip or just or long, several days trip.

I hope you find a solution.

It’s like mentioned above: navigation is off, user away from route, navigation is started, tap blue arrow, rerouting dialog appears.

Also rerouting being an overestimated feature, many usually prefer the freedom of return to route on their own. Can see more in documentation.

We should respect every user to have different wishes. :slightly_smiling_face:

What about this?

When pressing the blue arrow, then show the submenu in every case and make the menu entries much bigger as they are… distance between the entries at least 3 times bigger than now and with Bold Font and bigger in order to not mix it while driving and not select the wrong one with the gloves. The complete screen can be used for this and the touch areas should be unique enough for handling with gloves, then 3rd option for Recalculate to next planned waypoint, so:

Option 1: Next waypoint in planned route
Option 2: Start
Option 3: Next waypoint to GPS position

Sure I do, therefore I only ask for an additional option… which user has asked for such a behaviour to skip all planned waypoints? I can be wrong, but I am still convinced that the “next waypoint” was mis-interpreted as next to gps instead of next of the planned route. What is the opinion from other users?

… just seen that when re-calculation is activated by default, then the 3rd option “deactivate recalculation” is also available which means this could be the 4th option in this case…

This depends on the round trip. The behavior was designed together with users in the past. You can have a look here. If you are close to your destination and ask Kurviger to recalculate the route, how is Kurviger to know which waypoints you want to skip and which to keep, it makes sense that Kurviger will recalculate a route to your destination in this case.

This is especially critical if you use the same road in both directions. Either Kurviger can skip waypoints or it can’t. Users clearly prefer to be able to skip waypoints, so that’s the behavior of Kurviger.

You can always choose to place your own waypoints close to your current location by hand to extend the round-trip to your own liking. Just long press the road ahead and place an intermediate point there, this might keep the route closer to your original route.

This depends on the round trip. The behavior was designed together with users in the past. You can have a look here.

Unfortunately I missed that discussion

By asking in the submenu after pressing the blue arrow like described above or a new general setting for blue arrow recalculation behaviour:
nearest gps waypoint OR nearest waypoint in the planned route.
An option in the submenu could also be named Stoppage (due to Road Works). This could for example skip just ONE waypoint and recalculate the trip to the next planned waypoint. For me it is still incomprehensible why all my planned waypoints should be deleted, independent if I am on a round trip or on a long journey.

By having at least the option I could choose what should happen, but just deleting all planned waypoints without asking is something I don’t like at all. The behaviour is ok for example when it starts raining and sparkling, then I may want to skip all waypoints and find the quickest way home, but this is the only situation where I could imagine wanting this.

Next weekend I drive to the dolomites and had already planned all days through with Kurviger, every day a different rally from the same location. For those I now have to sadly use the “C-thing” or Navigon Cruiser because these don’t delete waypoints unwillingly.

For this I would need to stop, especially when I am in unknown surroundings, this takes time. I don’t want to lose time just because my planned waypoints have been deleted and I don’t like to stop, I am looking for a quick help while driving.

Maybe it is just an understanding or support issue… what does it mean exactly? Is this the setting which influences the way of recalculation when pressing the blue arrow?
Nearest point means then nearest to GPS position? And Next waypoint would calculate the way to the next planned waypoint? What means Next instruction?

No, I just tried to simulate this again and even with this setting, tapping the blue arrow will delete all my planned waypoints.