Continuing the discussion from Add the yellow "do something" dots to the website:
great that you want to improve the map.
As Robin @boldtrn said, looking at this intersection like a dumb computer, you see:
- either 45° to the left onto Walhalla
- or 45° to the right into Wilson Gap.
Hence the instruction “slightly turn left”
My suggestion to improve the map in this situation would be:
- pic the best background imagery OSM is offering.
“NC Latest Orthoimagery” seems to be a good choice in this area.
- move the intersection a bit to the north, as this seams to be closer to reality.
- Maybe add 1-2 waypoints in OSM to smooth the curve of “Walhalla” a bit more realistic.
I think Kurviger takes map changes into account within ca. 2 weeks.