Points of interest

Now come on, no need to call this “nonsense”. This is a new user and the request was obviously made with the best of intentions :slightly_smiling_face:

As to the request: I personally think it’s best to keep the feature set lean and clean where possible. Note that kurviger is more of a navigation service, not necessarily a mapping service. We’re not trying to be in competition with Google or yelp (which you should probably have installed on your phone separately when making a tour :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but I noticed that not all objects tagged as historic = castle will be displayed on the offline map. This applies to points drawn as polygons instead of a point (e.g. such as this one). The online Mapilion map contains these points. Maybe I’m wrong, but I guess it was somehow resolved (?)

Kurviger offline map tag-mapping contains the historic=castle for ways and pois.
Kurviger map style also contains similar rules to display these named elements.

Map engine’s symbol / label rendering has rules for priorities, collision detection.

If a tag appears on the map but not at some place, we cannot do many things…

What do you see?

2 Likes

You’re right! My mistake! I have not realized or forgot that the visibility of each layer (including, of course, Tourist attractions) is reset after changing the map.
Sorry again for the false alarm… :flushed:

2 Likes

As much as modifying the map style is understandable (reasonably!) And fully feasible to me, modifying the map is beyond my capabilities :frowning:

Therefore, in the next editions of maps, I would like to ask you to move Museums, Galleries and Ruins to the same level as other Tourist attractions. Of course, if it does not conflict with the general concept of the application or it will not adversely affect performance. I know these objects are already there because I change the style of seeing them, but at an unacceptable zoom level. Even if for some reason they were to be unavailable in the default style, you could easily activate them manually in your own style.

Forgive me for insisting on this, but I plan one-day trips only on Application in tablet, and it would be good to see as many attractions as possible along the route. I think that these attractions are very important not only for me.

After adding interesting, during navigation, everyone could turn off the layer so as not to interfere with the visibility or performance of the map.

Please provide the explicit OpenStreetMap tags.
Most POI zoom levels are similar to the OpenStreetMap website.

For map creation you can check mapsforge-creator tool.

Sorry my focus is on app development.
I do not have much free time to play with offline maps or map styles.

@boldtrn manages the server, you can discuss offline map changes.

I can only check if the map style has nice map rendering performance in the app.

1 Like

I mean: tourism=museum, tourism=gallery and historic=ruins.
I added the three tags to the default map style (which suits me in terms of the color and readability of the map :+1:). It would be nice if these objects appeared at the map zoom 12 instead of 15 or even 17 as it is now (for a modified built-in default style).

Of course! Navigation is a priority, but I was hoping that setting POI layers was just a few clicks away on some template that is used to create the map. I understand that I addressed the request incorrectly, but this topic seemed to be the most appropriate for me.

…if you find a moment of free time. Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like