POi too small / Gas-Station

Hi

in the map levels you can easily select the points of interest that you want to display. The icons of the points of interest, especially gas stations, are so small and inconspicuous that they are disappear in the flood of other ads. Is it possible to add a button “large symbols” or perhaps the nearby points of interest on the map appear automatically as large symbols for a short time?

Stefan

The map symbols usually have sane default sizes depending on screen dpi / metrics.

Can you attach a screenshot of your device, so we can understand what you mean?

no problem, that screenshot (red circle):

in this case the gas-station can still be seen quite good, underneath, the repair-shop, actually not at all anymore.

It is from a Google Pixel 3A(Android 11)

Stefan

Probably I could add an option for the size of all map symbols, similar to “Settings | Map | Font size”.

1 Like

Hi,

if that were possible, sure, yes.

Great would be small, like now, medium (2x) and large (4x) and absolutely perfect would be a selectable color, too. :smiley:

Stefan

Now they are normal and suitable for most users.
e.g. all map websites have much smaller symbols.

Hi,

ok, those are just words … then zoom setting up to 400% or normal, large(x2) and extra large(x4). The color is certainly also important, because the purple one is actually rather difficult to see, due to the low contrast.

Here ist a screenshot from a tomtom-go, POi are in b/w and bigger, much more better to see.

screenshot_tomtom_go

Stefan

That 3rd-party image has smaller (similar) black / white icons which are difficult to recognize.

Map appearance is actually just personal preference and we must have reasonable defaults.

1 Like

I’m probably not the average user - I only use POIs in an emergency, for example when I urgently need a petrol station. And the current situation seems to me more than sufficient for this:

1 Like

sure, usually yes, especially in the overview that also fits. Not at all in an urban environment with a higher zoom level, for that, i had posted a picture about it.

Stefan

It will be available in next version, see the feature topic: