Offline rerouting regression (Beta)

Yes, I did not skip any waypoint. I stopped when the new distance was displayed in the upper right corner and saved the new calculated route, nothing else

Will do and send it over, but have to wait for better wheather…:wink:

Never used something like this - any recommendation which one I should use?

Vidma Recorder Lite

1 Like

No - but I’m not using recalculation at all and I’m not using strict navigation either.
Yesterday I had a “blocked road” situation and it worked absolute perfekt, routed to the next shaping point.

Sorry, I don’t get that. I thought you have to have recalculation activated to be routed via a new route to the next shaping point?

The rerouting setting is to control if it is done automatically.
The rerouting can be done manually (tap the warning sign).

“Skip next waypoint” and “Avoid roadblock” are always available.

Please see:

2 Likes

Oh, ok, again something learned. So shall I redo the test anyhow? Because the manual re-routing option looks convinient for me.

If you have free time and can record the screen during the navigation. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am checking the algorithms, however I can not reproduce the report.

Is there something I can do to give you additional information e. g. recording of the driven route vs. the planned one?

A GPS recorded track of the driven path will help too. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you manage to record the device screen, please disable auto zoom and zoom out,
so the route changes can be seen in rerouting.

Hi all,

I did a recording session today and found out following mistake I made :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :roll_eyes:

If a bluetooth hotspot shall be used check prior each ride that it is up and running. In my setup the bluetooth connection was established but I had to do additionally:

• activate BT tethering on the mobile with the SIM
  • activate data exchange on the mobile less SIM

Having that done, the recalculation worked perfect…

BUT: If Brouter is used, it kills the waypoints of the origin route with each recalculation. I could perfectly reproduce this behaviour and I have it recorded. If you like I can share the video, but I have to cut it first which means again some time invest. So if you need it, let me know.

Or is this the standard behaviour that Brouter takes the final destination of the route and starts calculating from scratch for the actual position at the time the recalculation is triggered?

3 Likes

Very good news!

Please share it or send me a private message if / when you have free time.

Copying from offline routing guide:

“The route is calculated from your current location to the existing route (based on navigation type).
Only this small part of the route will be recalculated and merged with the previously planned route.”

As users asked for improvements in Beta,
I will review this complicated process again.

2 Likes

Hi devemux86,

as you are always so quick with your replies (fat respect!) I just put a vid ‘on the fly’ together, I think it shows the issue with recalculation under Brouter clearly.

Maybe it would be good to show a bubble that indicates if kurviger (online) or Brouter (offline) is used during recalculation - just to give the user a hint if the mobile is online or not.

4 Likes

There was a regression in the Beta at offline route merging.
It will work properly again in the next app update.

@hellsguenni
Thanks again for the detailed reports and the many tests! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You did a good job. Well done!! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: :muscle:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Skip waypoints

It should work properly in Kurviger 2.2.19 (Beta).

Thanks for the report!

I rewrote the route split / merge, supporting multiple routing services.
Complicated, it should now be more robust and ready for extensions. :wink:

2 Likes

Version 2.2.19 yet not available in Playstore, will test again as soon as I can update the recent version :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Google Play published Kurviger 2.2.19 (Beta) on May 27, 2022.

Hi all,

today I checked the recalculation behaviour with Brouter and it worked fine, no waypoints or shaping points were killed - @devemux86 great job done :muscle: :+1:

2 Likes

Fixed in Kurviger 2.2.20.