No route planning during navigation

Hi.
I am not sure, if the app has an issue, or if I am the issue. Any hint appreciated, many thank in advance.

When I plan a route, I can hold the route and get the popup with more options. Or I can change the route, target etc.

But after I pressed the routing button (arrow on white background changes to blue), I can change nothing, no long press possible. Even when I stop routing, no changes are possible.

I have to restart the app to get the arrow on white background again.

I am not aware of this before. Some setting wrong?

Modifying the route is not possible (or safe) while navigating.
Stop navigation via long press (not pause), then plan a route.

For more details please see the documentation:

And this discussion:

Works for me.
Many thanks for your quick answer and al the hints.

1 Like

Hello,
Here is a video like Hobbyfahrer explained.
After you start navigation and stop navigation you can not change anything on the route. You need to restart the App

Cheers

… Video? … für mich ist das ein Foto… oder liegt es an meinem Browser?

Ich habe das mit dem Handy gemacht, kann sein das es ein Berechtigungsproblem gibt ? Bei mir wird es als Video gespielt nach dem anklicken.

lag an meinem Browser… ich sehe es jetzt :wink:

Thanks for the video, however you did not stop the navigation.

By the way, display a recorded track of thousands of km is not good for performance.

Thanks, now it’s more clear.
Short press Routing Pause
Long press Routing stop… change routing is possible.
Cheers

I don’t know who has asked for this change.
I also don’t like that you now have to end navigation before you can enter a new route point. Because after stopping the navigation, the current zoom section is changed and you have to reorient yourself again, where you wanted to insert the point. I found it much better when you could still do this during navigation.

1 Like

This is easy, I can remove the separate zoom for route planning and navigation.
Never seemed helpful anyway, just confusing.

1 Like

ok good… :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Ich finde die Lösung, vor dem Ändern einer Route die Navigation ausschalten zu müssen, unpraktisch und etwas nervig. Es sind aus meiner Sicht zwei Tipps zu viel.
Meine Idee wäre folgende: Wenn eine Änderung an einer aktiven Route gemacht wird. wird die Route ab dem aktuellen Standort neu berechnet, die bisherigen zurückgelegten Wegpunkte und Shadowpoints werden verworfen. Ja klar, das Programm muss wissen, welche Punkte bereits hinter einem liegen und welche noch nicht.

[EN] I find the solution of having to turn off navigation before changing a route impractical and somewhat annoying. It is two tips too many from my point of view.
My idea would be the following: When a change is made to an active route. the route is recalculated from the current location, the previous waypoints and shadowpoints traveled are discarded. Yes of course, the program has to know which points are already behind you and which are not yet.

This is complicated and confusing. We should focus on simple implementations and workflows.

Route planning is different from navigation, they are separate processes.

The simple workflow is explained in the manual:

Ich verstehe den hype hier nicht.
Das ist doch konfus mitten in einem Prozess etwas anderes zu wollen.
Es wurde schon oft erklärt, dass das nicht geht. Ich kann mir entfernt Vorstellen, was die programmiertechnisch für eine Aufgabe ist. Für so eine Kleinigkeit (zwei Tipps die man irgendwann mal braucht) eine Unmenge von Fehler im Programm zu riskieren.

Das wäre wie wenn jemand unbedingt eine Funktion im Auto haben will, den platten Reifen während der Fahrt wechseln zu können, da der AUfwand stehen zu bleiben nicht eingesehen wird.

Zum Abschluß: Habs gerade ausprobiert, bei Calimoto geht das auch nicht. Versucht es doch bei Maps oder Here! Warum geht das wohl nicht?

Also lasst doch die Kirche im Dorf und freut euch an dem Kompakten, einfachen und vor allem sehr gut funktionierenden Tool (Kurviger)!

[EN]
I don’t understand the hype here.
It’s confusing to want something else in the middle of a process.
It has been said many times that this is not possible. I can vaguely imagine what the programming task is. Risking a ton of bugs in the program for such a trifle (two tips you’ll need at some point).

That would be like someone wanting to have a function in the car that allows them to change a flat tire while driving, because they don’t see the effort involved in stopping.

Finally: I just tried it, it doesn’t work with Calimoto either. Try Maps or Here! Why is that not possible?

So “leave the church in the village” and enjoy the compact, simple and above all very well-functioning tool (Kurviger)!

4 Likes

Ok, das sehe ich ein, ist vielleicht die bessere Lösung.
Ich befürworte auch, dass der Kartenausschnitt/Zoomausschnitt nach dem Ausschalten der Navigation beibehalten wird.

Ok, I can see that, might be a better solution.
I also advocate that the map section/zoom section is retained after navigation is turned off.

1 Like

You can use the “Split route” function.

Available in Kurviger 2.2.28.

Wegpunkt lässt sich bei geplanter Route nach darauftippen ganz normal verschieben, löschen usw.
Sobald man die Navigation startet ist das nicht mehr möglich selbst wenn man die Navigation vorübergehend stoppt.
Das heißt man kann unterwegs die Route nicht mehr ändern. Das hat früher ganz sicher funktioniert. Version ist 1.14.28.
Das Telefon ist ein Samsung S 8. Bei meinen Freund mit S 9 funktioniert es auch nicht. Egal welche Art von Wp. man auswählt

Kann das bitte mal überprüfen.
Lg.Helmut