Measure distance/time between any two points on a route

Hi

I would like to propose a feature which allows you to measure the distance between two points along the route. You could either use the current location as point 1 and select another point as point 2. Or - alternatively - select both points. The result can then be displayed in a bubble. This would make planning tours a bit simpler. Obviously, the same also makes sense in the kurviger website.

The idea was - more or less - inspired by this discussion:

display-the-distance-to-a-certain-waypoint

Thanks,
Tom

Hi,

a workaround (not 100%, perhaps 70%): Add waypoints to the route and tap on them - this displays the trip distance of the waypoints, you have to subtract yourself:

You also might use: Menu / Tools / Measure, please see blue dotted line on ScreenShot.

Regards Markus

2 Likes

On the website you can also use the height-graph in the bottom right. Just move your mouse over the height-graph it shows distances so you can calculate the distances quite flexible using this technique.

Hi

Yes, that’s what I normally tend to do.

Two things:

(A) I noted that adding a waypoint - even if it is (or looks to be) redundant - can change the route.
(B) You will need to add two waypoints and then manually compute the difference. Possible but a bit of a pain in the back.

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks. That’s nice indeed. Doesn’t help much while on the road though.

Cheers

How does this Measure Tool in the app for linear distance between 2 points work? I can’t move the end points. I never succeed to meet the wanted end points.

Long press on the 2 points and move them.

perfect thanks a lot