Map rotation not working using GPS

When viewing the map it does not rotate when using GPS. Viewing the map using Compass (2D or 3D) rotates correctly, however, switching to GPS 2D or3D “locks” the map to the current view. This means that the route guidance does not rotate.

I have tried free and Pro on 2 different devices, using Google and Android location. GPS tools show at least 10 GPS satellites locked. Google maps correctly rotates and follows movement.

Can you post some details, copy here the “Settings | About | Info”.

To clarify the different modes (more details in documentation):

• Browse map or follow location modes: compass tap allows to select map orientation [Manual, GPS, Compass] in 2D or 3D.
  • Navigation mode: compass tap turns on / off map rotation

In navigation map rotation is handled by what GPS sensor reports when being outside and moving.
Then also the location marker appears as direction arrow instead of static dot. Is location a turning direction arrow?

Can try also a different location service in “Settings | Map” if works better with the specific device.

Kurviger Pro 1.9.3
Android 6.0.1 (API 23)
LGE Nexus 5
1080 x 1920 (480 dpi)
OpenGL ES 3.0
Google location on

Both browse and follow work on compass but both don’t work on GPS.

Compass tap says rotation on but doesn’t rotate.

Attached screenshots of compass 3D and navigate views with phone in same position.

Tried both Google and Android location and different map options.

How test the map rotation, is it outside while moving?
And how does location appear, is it a direction arrow?

GPS can report the location bearing and we process it when speed passes 10 km/h to avoid the erroneous reports that many devices provide when stand still.

So best is to see while moving / driving if location is a direction arrow and if map rotation works in navigation.

If it doesn’t under those conditions, something in the device GPS seems not working properly (some app interferes?), since Nexus 5 has native Android (or has a custom rom?) and is successfully tested.

That explains it… the 10 km/h limit. I was trying it walking, assuming the rotation would kick in instantly, instead of pointing North as soon as I pressed it.

Sorry for wasting your time.

1 Like

We had it at walking speed ~5 km/h but that could cause rotation problems so we increased it.