Make topic templates? Hint user to ADD A ROUTE LINK?

Unfortunately I notice myself getting a little bit annoyed of having to write the same thing over and over in almost every first answer to a thread (And based on the briefness of this I think so is Robin :smiley: )

Please add a link to your route, please understand that we’re based on OSM, please edit OSM if you can…

So can we get templates and onboarding hints like Stackoverflow does for example? At least for users with low rep (which this forum supports as well) the box on the right side should show some very strong hints in this direction.

Also, before clicking on “send” there could be a little popup asking “Check again that you included XYZ” before posting.

We could create a topic template. For example something like this:

I think I have found an issue with the route calculated by Kurviger / Ich glaube ich habe einen Fehler bei der Routenberechnung von Kurviger gefunden

I read the corresponding documentation / Ich habe die entsprechende Documentation dazu gelesen

Here is a url to a short example (<10km) that shows the issue / Hier ist ein Link zu einer kurzen Route die das Problem zeigt:
[INSERT URL/LINK EINFÜGEN]

Description of the issue / Beschreibung des Problems:
[INSERT DESCRIPTION/BESCHREIBUNG EINFÜGEN]

1 Like

Do we have that template (at least for new users) now? Cause I could swear it’s getting worse every day -.-

Maybe we need to make it shorter, focus just on the link, not even the FAQ

Not yet, I was waiting for some feedback on my proposal above :slight_smile:

Better not many words, users don’t like long docs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also will that template appear in all forum categories?
Should be annoying if all unrelated categories show it.

This template is only relevant for the routing subcategory :slight_smile:. We can think about other templates for other categories as well.

I am not sure how to shorten this further down without becoming cryptic, do you have an idea?

Yeah no you’re right it’s already a pretty good, short text. Maybe just do it English-only, then it will look much less convoluted without all the “/” it signs

Ok, so I set a template. Let’s see how it works or if we should change it.