Make Kurviger App the better Android Auto Navi

I think there is a misunderstanding here.
What I wrote is an attempt to explain why some people rule the way they do here. I neither share nor support this attitude. On the contrary, I find it disgusting.
But in a time when anyone can write any nonsense on the net, unfortunately you have to live with such a reaction.
I suspect that among these people are few to none who know kurviger.de for a long time or deal with it intensively.

3 Likes

Yes, was a misunderstanding then.

I took a look at the preview images for Kurviger 2. They are still in the old style, quite old-fashioned. Maybe you could update them and emphasise the flexibility and adaptability to personal needs, for example:

• there is a simulation mode
  • the colours for routes, symbols and sections are freely definable
  • maps and route width can be zoomed and automatically adjusted depending on speed or distance
  • the font and symbol sizes are adjustable
  • buttons can be hidden or displayed according to the individual taste
  • … all the advantages that you look for in vain at Calimoto or others

example:

and take the other example: Everyone spends more money on fuel, food and drink on a motorbike day trip, so it seems downright ridiculous to denounce yourself over €10 a year for the app subscription or €20 for both web and app.

2 Likes

Standard Google play policy, to prevent beta users from dragging your app down cause it crashes and they forget they are on beta… Which… Happens a lot :smiley:

1 Like

Absolutely right.

According to Google:

Gather private feedback during open or closed tests and reply to testers directly in Play Console. Feedback during open or closed testing is only visible to you and will not affect your public rating.

They are old with texts in 2 languages, so not really maintainable.
When there is free time I will change them to simple screenshots.

Ich finde Kurviger derzeit perfekt für das Motorrad. Die Anzeige ist absolut ausreichend und ich kann fast alles ausblenden.

Zukünftig sehe ich auch AA als notwendige Erweiterung. Sollte BMW dieses bei den zukünftigen Displays ,wie bei der RT, einführen, wird der Markt danach verlangen. Allerdings gibt es noch keine Aussagen welchen Weg BMW gehen wird.

Kurviger ist für mich absolut kein Alltagsprodukt, um im Auto damit zu navigieren. Ich brauche die besten Verkehrsdaten und Warnungen vor Gefahren. Hier nutze ich TomTom Go und bin damit sehr zufrieden. Leider sind die Templates die Google für AA vorgibt sehr beschränkt und scheinen gerade die Navigationshersteller vor Probleme zu stellen. Bei TomTom Go ist es derzeit z.B. nicht möglich, die rechte Leiste anzeigen zu lassen, da es von Google nicht vorgesehen ist, dort etwas anzeigen zu lassen.

Ich denke es gibt genug Verbesserungen die notwendiger sind, als AA.

3 Likes

OsmAnd: “minimum app version will be Android 7.0 (required for Android Auto)”

Huh? I implemented Android Auto in my app at work and it was no problem to make a distinction for older devices :thinking:

I totally agree API 21 (android 5) ist the best choice for now, most APIs work nicely and there’s not too much hassle in the code

It probably depends on whether each app has the resources to support old Androids.
(or implement Android Auto)

Yeah totally! All I am saying is that if you really want something, it’s possible. We are a 20 person company, and for apps only one android developer (me), and one QA. If you really want a feature for your users, you can do it :slight_smile: That’s why priorities are so important, everybody has to be honest about prios

Btw emux you know that my inbox is always open for you when you have a piece of code you need to bounce off on somebody :heart:

2 Likes

Ich möchte gerne die App auf meinem Motorrad laufen lassen.

Die App wird leider nicht im Motorrad angezeigt.

Muss mir also mühsam sie Rute auf einem anderem Navi Anzeigen lassen.

Gibt’s von euch ein Vorschlag?

Hallo,
es ist leider richtig das Google nur bestimmte APP’s zulässt. Man kann davon ausgehen das Google entweder nur eigene APP’s zulässt, oder solche die viel Geld dafür bezahlen.
Um dennoch zum Ziel zu kommen musste ein wenig googeln in etwa so: " Google Auto alle Apps freischalten ohne Root". Ich habe leider keine Erfahrung ob das zum Erfolg führt.
Viel Erfolg!

Sorry aber das ist eine Falschinformation da muss ich kurz einschreiten. Jede app, die Googles Design / Richtlinien entspricht (z.b. Keine Ablenkung für den Fahrer etc.) kann Auto support einbauen.

Quelle: meine app ist sowohl in Auto als auch Automotive verfügbar, ich habe dafür auch nichts gezahlt und trete keine Einnahmen an Google ab (die app ist gratis)

@StephanAfrikaTwin1 bitte lese dir einmal den Rest des threads hier durch, das ist leider ein sehr komplexes Thema, welches Priorisierung, Design, manpower, und viel Arbeit verlangt. Wir kommen hier in dem Gespräch also immer wieder zum gleichen Punkt: das ist für ein so kleines Team wie Kurviger (nur 1 App-Entwickler) extrem schwer, und solange es nicht Prio 1 ist müssen wir als User uns da leider einfach weiter gedulden :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi,
I have tried to get Kurviger gpx files working with both WAZE and Google Maps via Android Auto but gave upp after 2 days, U wrote “sad to say I am now using a competitor.”. May I ask u to tell med which competitor u use? Pls reply to jurgenhaneklaus1@gmail.com
Kind rgds
/Jürgen

Mapfactor Navigator.

Hi all, I was user of Kurviger till this year. Not having the support for CP or AA hit the bottom. TomTom GO for me now, subscription is higher BUT I am able to use it in my car with AA, on my bike with AA, hey even on bycicle standalone…

I get online routing shared, I get free radars all in one place.

New cars (Toyota, Ford, VW) and bikes (Honda, BMw and soon others) stopped producing factory navigation because AA is taking over.

Step into time please

I don’t think that the implementation of AndroidAuto or CarPlay have the highest priority at the moment. Too many users probably don’t ride the latest bikes with these features. Moreover, your demanding tone will not necessarily motivate the developers.

6 Likes

Est il prévu que Kurviger puisse être utiliser sur Android Auto ?

Yes, this is planned but won’t be one of the next features :+1:

1 Like

Was heisst the Long run? :slight_smile: