Kurviger.de | Application | Blog | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | Legal Notice | Privacy Policy

Make Kurviger App the better Android Auto Navi

Is it possible to make Kurviger compatible and available for Android Auto? Google Maps is ok, but in priniple a boring navigator… I would very much like to use this also on the car’s display and find this an exiting new feature.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea!

There are such thoughts, also for Android Wear smartwatches, if there is time while implementing new features in the app. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Cool idea. But as somebody who is currently working on an app with Android Auto support, let me tell you:
that’s a metric f*** ton of work :smiley:

2 Likes

It would also fix issue that when using Google assistant is used, screen turns to assistant letting Kurviger background.

That’s how Android (or assistant) works, already discussed in the relevant topic:

Android auto does not work this way.

If you use assistant through android auto app , current screen is maintained while assistant is used.

Precisely, that’s why I mentioned that Android Auto works differently than regular Android and assistant should anyway not steal other apps focus in any mode.

It’s a nice to have feature, which I could examine in future when time allows and more core features are implemented.

1 Like