Kurviger App 3.0.5 Feedback

Was ist denn mit diesem Kreisverkehr: Kurviger
Die Ansage lautet dort

Rechts abbiegen auf Efferener Straße, K 2
44m (132m) 0min (0min)
Rechts abbiegen auf Efferener Straße, K 2

Also wirklich 2 mal rechts. Ist ja prinzipiell auch nicht falsch. Wahrscheinlich ist der Kreisverkehr dann auch einfach in OSM nicht als Kreisverkehr gekennzeichnet, oder? Oder ist das nach den Regeln von OSM kein Kreisverkehr auch wenn es wie einer aussieht. Dort sagen auf jedenfall alle OSM basierten Navi Systeme nur rechts an bzw. zeigen einen Rechs Pfeil an. Ist also kein Problem von K3.0.5

Habe den Kreisel als Kreisverkehr getagged (ist ja wirklich einer, siehe Mapillary):

Mal sehen, was Kurviger nach dem Update der OSM Datenbank macht …

2 Likes

When tapping on the “expand” or “replace” buttons for start or end then currently in the start or end button there only is actualized the expand/replace icon in the respective button.

grafik

Currently then you have to tap the start or end button to set the waypoint. It would be more comfortable, when additionally setting the waypoint would be done when tapping the expand or replace button.

@boldtrn there seems to be a Bug: As to see in the screenshot. the language in the expand/replace buttons is in german even when app language is english (to see at words in waypoint buttons).

2 Likes

Mir ist heute beim ausprobieren aufgefallen dass es Recht sperrig ist die App zu beenden.

Wische ich nach links oder nutze den entsprechenden Button, geht man die ganzen letzten Aktionen durch.lso wie beim Internet Browser. So gewollt?

Wenn ich im Navigation Modus bin und die App unter Android nach oben wische bzw. Alle Apps schließen drücke läuft die Navigation trotzdem im Hintergrund weiter. Muss also erst die Navigation stoppen um dann nach oben wischen zu können.
Ob sie dann komplett geschlossen ist weiß ich trotzdem nicht.

Wäre es nicht sinnvoll, einen Benden Button ins Kontext Menü einzubauen?

Ist es sinnvoll zwei Kontextmenüs zu haben?

Navigation läuft m.E. schon sehr sehr gut. :+1:

Danke Markus

2 Likes

Hello, it’s not that roundabout.
Even if it were that, what is not right is that it tells me to turn to the right when I really have to go straight. Don’t you think?

Ein Beenden würde mir auch sehr entgegenkommen, gerne auch als Key - Erweiterung.
Siehe → Appsteuerung: Alternative Flic - #6 by Thoka
Verwende in Makros seitens Tasker Bluetooth-Connect-Events um beispielsweise nach Verbindungsaufbau mit dem SENA ( aber auch Radio im Auto ) die passenden Apps zu starten bzw. beim Diconnect die wieder zu beenden. Unter Android ist das Beenden von Apps sehr kniffelig.
Ein “x” wäre gut, ein Button m.E. auch.

4 Likes

I am not sure. How does Kurviger detect that it is a roundabout? I assumed that is by the tagging in OSM - but I might be wrong.
Nevertheless it might help for the clarification, if you post your route here …

I am no longer so sure that this was not the point I am talking about and even if it is, the information is contradictory.

This could indeed be a map error.
If it isn’t tagged as a roundabout in OSM how should Kurviger know that it is a roundabout?
Turning right would then be the correct interpretation by the app.

Hi,

I tried navigation for the first time and I’m noticing two things in the first place:

1. When starting navigation, there’s a choice to download maps. I assume that this only downloads the map info for the vicinity of the route. However, there are already a lot of maps on the device, from the former Kurviger versions. Why not just use the already available map info?

2. There’s no choice of language. For certain reasons I’m running my device in stock US English, but that doesn’t mean I want navigation instructions or, fwiw, the app interface in that language. It would be great to have the choice to switch to my native language in the app for interface (not so important) and navigation instructions (important) without having to switch my entire device to that language.

Thanks,
Corinna

There are already several discussions about that - please see search results:
https://forum.kurviger.de/search?expanded=true&q=Offline%20maps%20tags%3Akurviger3-beta

Please just tap on tbe flag on top right corner of app screen:

1 Like

Please just tap on tbe flag on top right corner of app screen:

[/quote]

For some reason this looks entirely different on my device, but yeah, I found the flag after typing on the person icon on the right side.

Sorry, but I’m usally expecting that all settings are collectively in the same spot, i. e., under a “Settings” menu item.

I just found a weird behaviour.

Assuming I have a route. Now I open the 3-dot menu and choose “Delete Route / Overlay”, and then “Delete Both”. Ok, the route is gone.

Next, I press the OS button for switching between apps, and delete Kurviger from the list of running apps.

Next, I start Kurviger again and… the route is back.

I assume that’s not supposed to happen?

Thanks,
Corinna

Sorry - my screenshot is from tablet (my favoured Kurviger device), looks different.

Also for navigation on motorbike?

I think it is not easy to develop identical “software” for three types of devices. I tend to do larger plans on the PC / laptop, where a second screen is often very helpful. I currently do not use a tablet at all, navigation with the cell phone (6.5") in portrait format. Is there an overview in the Kurviger documentation where and how Device Specific differences were made in the app? One point would be, for example, the controls, here the range of mouse click to tap on winter glove is particularly large.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Denke es ist nicht einfach für drei Arten von Devices eine übergreifend identische “Software” zu entwickeln. Größere Planungen mache ich eher am PC / Laptop, da ist auch ein zweiter Bildschirm oft sehr hilfreich. Ein Tablet nutze ich aktuell gar nicht, Navigation mit dem Handy ( 6,5" ) im Hochformat. Gibt es eine Übersicht in der Kurviger Dokumentation wo und wie Device Spezifische Unterschiede in der App gemacht wurden? Ein Punkt wären z.B. die Bedienenelemente, hier ist die Spanne von Mausklick bis Tap über Winterhandschuh besonders groß.

Kurzer Nachtrag: Adhoc - Planung um mal eben irgendwo hin zu fahren natürlich auf dem Handy, daher ist auch hier eine gute und knackige “Planung” wichtig, auch wenn diese oft nicht über zwei drei Wegpunkt hinaus geht.

No - for navigation I use an BMW Navigator 5 (Garmin).
I use Kurviger app for route planning on 10" Android tablet (also during vacation).
So my usecase might be different from that of most other users :innocent:

Unfortunately, on my Android 7.0 phone the new app stalls with the “Stuck while loading” message and several Javascript errors

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token (
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'triggerEvent' of undefined'

Following the link, the information in “…what can I do?” says it needs at least Android 5.1, but it seems that this information is not current.

I still have the former Kurviger Pro app installed, therefore no problem for now.

As I always use an older robust phone that I also leave on the bike on absence (no-one will take an orange “construction work” phone) therefore it is not the newest one. Just to mention that the specs of the new app seem to be higher than stated.

lg, Christian

Habe heute mal getestet wie es sich mit Makros aus Tasker gegenüber K3 verhält.
Tastatureingaben ( Zoom, Zentrieren ) gehen mit 3.0.5 noch nicht, richtig? Was mit aber aufgefallen ist:
Beim Starten der App im Mode Navigation läuft immer eine “Animation” ab. Scheinbar wird die Route zunächst auf den Startpunkt der Route geführt und dann auf den tatsächlichen Standort bewegt, im Ziel mit einer festen Zoomgröße.
Das passiert sowohl wenn die App per Tasker “gelauncht” wird, aber auch wenn sie, obwohl sie schon läuft, aus Android erneut gestartet wird. Ist das Absicht? Und wofür ist das gut?

In der Version K1/K2 wurde mit “Launch” lediglich dafür gesorgt dass sich die App im Vordergrund befindet. Mit dem jetzigen Verhalten ist die Makrosteuerung kaum noch machbar.
Lässt sich das Verhalten wieder so einstellen ( zuminstest bei bereits laufender App ), dass keine Animation und keine Fixwert-Zoom stattfindet?

Das Verhalten der K1/K2 Version ist/war mit “Launch” und Tastensequenzen top.

I tested today how it behaves with macros from Tasker compared to K3.
Keyboard inputs (zoom, center) do not work with 3.0.5 yet, right? But what I noticed was:
When starting the app in Navigation mode, an “animation” always runs. Apparently the route is first guided to the starting point of the route and then moved to the actual location, in the destination with a fixed zoom size.
This happens both when the app is “launched” via Tasker, but also when it is restarted from Android even though it is already running. Is this on purpose? And what is this good for?
In version K1/K2, “Launch” only ensured that the app was in the foreground. With the current behavior the macro control is hardly feasible.
Is it possible to set the behavior again (at least when the app is already running) so that no animation and no fixed value zoom takes place?

The behavior of the K1/K2 version is/was top with “Launch” and key sequences.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you provide a short sample route or the coordinates for this case, so we can check what exactly is happening here?

Yes, this is necessary. Otherwise it’s just a normal road and a normal turn.

Thanks, will be fixed with then next version, thanks for reporting.

Das ist korrekt und soll auch so sein, das ist Android Standard. Die App hat dafür ein Symbol in der Benachrichtigungsleiste und kann direkt aus den Benachrichtigungen beendet werden. Alternativ Navigation öffnen und dort den Navigation Stoppen Knopf drücken.

Yes, we need the roundabout tagging, otherwise this is considered like a regular turn.

This is mot likely because your are using an outdated webview / browser. Please make sure to update them. Then it should work as expected, if not, please let us know.

Korrekt.

Was genau funktioniert denn nicht? Wollen wir das vielleicht in einem extra Thread besprechen? Das ist schon sehr speziell.

2 Likes

Danke, ja, Ich mache mal einen Thread auf und versuch’s zu erläutern.