Kurviger App 3.0.2 Feedback

Wir freuen uns immer über konstruktive und sachliche Kritik. Ich würde euch alle bitten freundlich zu bleiben.

@FraBe deinen ersten Post konnte man sehr leicht falsch verstehen. Die Kommunikation in Schriftform ist leider nicht immer ganz einfach und es passiert zu einfach, dass der eigentlich Sinn verloren geht. In Schriftform lassen sich viele Emotionen leider nur schwer unterbringen. Ich konnte aus deinem ersten Post ehrlich gesagt kein Lob rauslesen, du schreibst ja auch:

Lob klingt für mich anders :wink:.

Das ist sachlich falsch. Da hat @G-B etwas überspitzt drauf reagiert, man hätte das wohl sicherlich freundlicher formulieren können.

Die Kurviger 3 App bietet von den Grundfunktionen nicht nur das Routing, sondern auch eine vollwertige Navigation mit Sprachansagen, Routen-Neuberechnung, Offline-Karten und einigem mehr. Aus meiner Sicht ist das eine Basis auf die man weiter aufbauen kann.

Uns ist natürlich bewusst, dass die App noch nicht perfekt ist. Einige Dinge fehlen, andere Dinge könnten besser sein. Wir haben noch viel vor. Deshalb wird die App aktuell auch als Beta angeboten und jeder kann die Funktionen kostenlos testen. Das haben wir von Anfang an auch ganz offen kommuniziert. Wir geben weiterhin Vollgas um euch bis zum Saisonstart eine möglichst gut funktionierende App zur Verfügung zu stellen.

6 Likes

Wieso erst die so schnell hingeworfene App mit “kann nichts” betiteln und dann meine Meinung, dass das unverschämt ist als Beleidigung wahrnehmen. Bitte nicht so empfindlich (war nämlich auch nicht beleidigend gemeint) wenn man selbst die falschen Worte verwendet.
Und vorher ein kurzes Lob auszusprechen und dann den negativen Text so hinschreiben machts nicht besser. (wenn man jemanden sagt: dass was du da gemacht hast ist zu nichts nutze ist das fast wie wenn man ihm sagt deine Arbeit ist nichts Wert)
Aus meiner Sicht: Jemanden zu sagen er benimmt sich unverschämt ist keine Beleidigung. Eher ein Hinweis darauf, sein Benehmen zu überdenken (in dem Fall den Text)
Ich gebe zu, dass mit dem Troll hätte nicht sein müssen. (hat sich für mich eben ein wenig so gelesen)

Aber genug.
Fazit: du wolltest mit deinem Text anscheinend nicht das Aussagen was ich verstanden habe und ich wollte dich in keinster Weise beleidigen sondern eben genau auf den falschen Ton hinweisen.

Somit alles gut für mich.

Du schreibst ja auch, dass du noch ein wenig warten willst. Somit noch Hoffnung auf besseres hast. Also mach das, bzw. verfolge die Neuerungen und gut.

Warum ich da so angesprungen bin? Weil in der Zeit mal nebenbei so etwas hinzukriegen eine super Leistung ist!

6 Likes

BItte bleibt beim Thema des Beitrages, der nämlich da lautet: Kurviger APP 3.0.2 Feeback

Jeder darf und soll seine freie Meinung äußern dürfen, unabhängig davon, ob diese positiv oder negativ ist. Selbstverständlich freuen wir (Entwickler und Moderatoren-Team) uns darüber, wenn eine sachliche und konstruktive Diskussion daraus entsteht und neue Ideen zur Verbesserung von Kurviger 3 gesammelt werden können.

Beleidigungen oder Maßregelungen helfen an der Stelle nicht weiter, sondern tragen lediglich dazu bei, dass negative Emotionen geschürrt werden.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: K3 Beta: Lautstärkenverwaltung / Sound settings

5 posts were split to a new topic: K3 won’t start on Carpe Iter

Ich wechsele mal auf Deutsch :wink: (in case the preferred language is English, please let me know).

Das ist halt mein Problem, dass ich das Problem nicht genau beserchreiben kann: ich fahre nur nach Gehör und sehe nicht, wann sich das Routing abschaltet (irgendwann meldet sich die Stimme nicht mehr). Daher will ich mal in die Logs schauen, ob ich da etwas sehe, das für einen Bugreport reicht. Das mit Logcat schaue ich mir mal an (derzeit ist es aber zu kalt und ungemütlich, um dem dem Töff zu cruisen… - daher könnt ihr meinen Report erstmal ignorieren, solange ich keine Details liefere :wink: )

Vielen Dank für all eure Arbeit

Have you checked that Chrome is up to date in Google Play?
We also mention this here: Somehow Kurviger does not Behave the Way I would expect it, what can I do? [Kurviger Knowledgebase]

If you are up to date something else might be wrong. Just to make sure, have you tried restarting the device?

Ah ok, das klingt nach Energiesparmodus. Hast du eine Ausnahme für die Kurviger App angelegt. Siehe auch: https://dontkillmyapp.com/

Is there already a planned date for a new beta?
I have some minor issues and I would prefer to wait in case it is already solved. Thanks.

We are currently planning on releasing a new beta version next week. So far we have mostly focussed on the navigation for the next version, so if your issues are related to route planning, they might still exist :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: K3 won’t start on Carpe Iter

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Quote reply for highlighted text

Some remarks on planning with K3 since most topics are about navigating K3:
When a planned route is shown or imported:

When pressing on a waypoint of the route, the drop down shows interesting information but not the total distance and time of the route.

Pressing somewhere on the map (not on the route) pops up a too big drop down for selecting start, waypoint, shaping point and end. Text underneath is not necessary. You can show the explanation with a long press on the sign itself.
Pressing the arrow down gives more selection possibilities (like show on goole maps) but can this extended view also be shown when long pressing on the map? This detailed screen is also too big: the signs only (like start, Google,…) should be enough. Long press on the sign can give you the explanation.

When pressing on the route a shaping point is created automatically. I don’t think this is necessary (i find myself constantly deleting the shaping points i have created by error). More interesting is to see info on the route: distance/time of route, distance/time to destination.
Long press on the route could be like the proposed long press on the map: detailed information.

The idea of the arrows up and down in order to show less or more of the info is great, but I would prefer swiping down and up instead of pressing buttons. It is a touch screen after all, not a pc with a mouse you use to click.

That’s it for now. I’ve written this using my smartphone. I also always use my smartphone to plan route. Never my pc. This might explain the remarks above :grinning:. Main reason is because i also create/change route during the trip and don’t want to carry a laptop. I’m also not a fan of cloud sharing for transferring routes to my smartphone: cloud is not always available when touring in the alpes for example.

Looking forward to see the comments on my remarks.
Thanks and keep up the good work. I for one am missing K2 a lot and have searched bit not found any worthy replacement. I’ve put all my hope on K3.
Sorry for not writing in German. Reading German is not a problem. Writing however…

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, this is something we still have on our todo list.

We are currently thinking about changing this. The buttons are more precise though. We have 3 states, with dragging it can be hard to reach the exact state that you want. When the map is in fullscreen, we still need to show a relatively large area for dragging down, otherwise you will pull down the android menu.

That’s why we went with the two buttons instead of a dragging solution.

We want to redesign this a bit as well, the most important info that you need when clicking on the map is to include the place in the route. Open in GMaps is done less often, so we moved this down.

Easiest is to put this as a parameter: avoids discussion and thinking :grinning:

1 Like

I believe the K2 solution was to visualise buttons once you touch the map. One af this buttons could be the drop down, like the menu, zoom, search and navigate buttons. I really liked these buttons disappearing. Clean map

1 Like

I have to disagree (speaking for myself of course): my first option is to check Google maps in order to view the street view (a button to go directly to the street view would be great btw). When that looks promising I add a waypoint to the route, otherwise I keep searching. Google maps is great because maps shows me all bookmarks of dangerousroad.org, including the link to their site which provides enormous Intel. Really.
Again, speaking as somebody who plans in the app, not on apc.

Please see also

and discussion before - that might help …

Hi, great job, but i won’t be using it. I’m checking each of the bookmarks on Google maps and on dangerousroads.org: some of them are too easy and others too heavy. Once I find an interesting one I bookmark it in Google maps and transfer it to kurviger. The bookmark on kurviger does not contain the link to dangerousroads.org, but i can get it via Google maps. I don’t mind because I use Google maps also for the street view.

Edit: I was too quick: I read thar the link is taken over. :ok_hand:

Da heute ein neues Update und einer neuer Thread in Umlauf gebracht wurde, wird dieser für Kommentare nun geschlossen.

3 Likes