Kurviger 1.8

Kurviger 1.8 is on Google Play:

- Navigation: route indicator options (Nearest point, Next instruction, Next waypoint, Destination, Off) (Pro)

The route indicator, while being off route, was enhanced with more options.
Available in navigation settings and can even turn it off, if feel adventurous.

- Map: map color options (Normal, Dark, High contrast, Grayscale, Inverted) (Pro)

In map settings can select one of the new color filters to apply on map.

Hint: check Dark for night view or High contrast for daylight.

- Export: Sygic URL format

The Sygic export was added in application too.

- Stability improvements

We’re looking forward for your feedback about the new version and we wish you a nice Kurviger experience! :motorcycle: :racing_car:

2 Likes

The high contrast mode looks really nice. It will improve the readability when riding with sunligth a lot.

Thanks!
Stefan

2 Likes

cooool effects
 very nice, also like the grey scale

1 Like

The different map themes are really nice, I especially like the high contrast and the dark setting, but please consider adding the possibility to switch automatically between day / night mode depending on:

• device brightness sensor (but maybe with the option to disable this as some phone mounts obscure the brightness sensor)

• location dependent sunrise / sunset times (should be fairly easy, just poll the dawn / dusk time for the current location every 5 minutes or so)

• when driving through tunnels (if osm provides this kind of data)

2 Likes

This is a first step to see how you like the new map color filters.
In the future we plan to provide automations for night view, etc.

1 Like

Great, looking forward to this!

Since 1.8 I discovered a strange effect in overview mode while planning a route on the smartphone, that the zooming in and out with 2 fingers on the map is not as flowing any more like in the previous version. It stagnates for a while and you need to try several times until the zooming of the map follows the finger moves
 don’t know if I describe it correctly, but it is conspicous since the last update.

Bei mir funktioniert es fließend wie immer.
Vielleicht mal alle Anwendungen im Hintergrund schließen.

Wenn ich auf den Routen Indikator tippe, erscheint lediglich die Auswahl “Start” und “NĂ€chster Punkt”

(Version 1.8)

When I tap the route indicator, only this 2 items can be seen.

When navigation starts and rerouting is disabled, if tap route indicator then this dialog appear to decide where to reroute for the first time.

If mean the new route indicator direction options, those exist in Settings | Navigation.

ist unabhÀngig davon

Oh sorry, I misunderstood the description. Now I found and understand it. :sunglasses:

Ich glaube das geht hier im Thread ein bisschen runter, ich denke du solltest dazu ein separates Bug-Ticket aufmachen

1 Like

Ich kriege den Export in Sygic auf Android nicht hin. Kurviger speichert es als *.html, aber wo? Und wie kriege ich es in Sygic? Muss doch irgendwie ĂŒber die Dropbox gehen, oder?

The exported file’s location is mentioned with a message during the export process.
The export folder can be found and changed in ‘Settings | Application | Export folder’.

Wo es Kurviger speichert, habe ich gefunden. Ich schiebe es dann in die Dropbox in einen Ordner, auf den Sygic zugreift. Aber es kann die *.html Datei nicht lesen. Muss es immer noch umgewandelt werden?

Hi Ede. Wenn du sagst

Dann interpretiere ich mal, dass du das in der Website nutzt und dann “speichern” im Browser (oder strg+s) geklickt hast. So speichert dein Browser aber nur die Website selbst, wie sie aufgebaut ist, welchen Server sie kontaktiert, welche Farben sie hat
 Das hat nix mit kurviger zu tun. DrĂŒcke bitte mal stattdessen den “Export” Knopf mittig im linken MenĂŒ. Siehe dazu auch unser FAQ hier:
https://docs.kurviger.de/de/app/save_and_load_routes
Dann kannst du eine .gpx bekommen, eine echte Routen-Datei, das verstehen andere Systeme dann.

Wenn du weitere Fragen zum Export hast mach bitte ein neues Thema hier im forum auf, solche Fragen gehen im Release thread gerne schnell unter

FĂŒr Sygic wird tatsĂ€chlich eine HTML Datei exportiert :slight_smile:.

Du musst die html Datei mit einem Browser (z.B. Chrome) öffnen und den Link in der Datei anklicken. Der alte Trick den Link per Mail zu verschicken wie bei Navigon, funktioniert mittlerweile nicht mehr zuverlÀssig.

1 Like