Kurviger 1.4

When import a route, map moves / zooms to show the whole route.
Or if imported route is outside map screen, cannot know where it is.
The follow location and map orientation modes are not affected.
Only the map rotation, tilt are reset with the new zoom value.

Do you mean those 2 variables?

Hello dear Kurviger team,
Thank you so much for the great job you’ve done. Simply great!
I have a comment about the new feature: Skip next waypoint
I use the Curviger App always in the transverse view and then I have to scroll down again after clicking. This is suboptimal.
Greets Ralf

1 Like

In small screens in landscape some elements will need to scroll to see them all. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thing is what is more important and more often to change: check switches or skip next waypoint?

Can always move the skip next waypoint button on top or restructure that UI.
What other users think?

The screen of my Sony xperia xz isn’t small. It’s 5.2 inch

Sony Xperia XZ has a 5.2" 1080x1920px screen and in landscape the dialog appears with scroll?

Seems strange since lower HD devices show the dialog complete.

Can you post a screenshot so we can see how it is in your device?

Kurviger 1.4.1 was released with restored compass tap in navigation, i.e. switch map rotation & tilt on / off.

1 Like

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S7 with screen resolution set to 1920x1080

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots, we’ll need to improve the UI!

BTW testing on Nexus 4 HD screen…

But why do you only have 3 check-boxes?
Shouldn’t there be 4? :thinking:

Manfred

It’s new Kurviger 1.4.1 (see above), where map rotation switch is restored in compass tap and avoid duplication in dialog to let more space for the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

with 1.4.1 it works with my sony :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

We’ll consider enhancements in this menu, since it’s needed while navigating.

Hi,

Would it be possible to show speed in follow as well as in navigation mode?

1 Like

That would be possible, do you want to propose that in New features category for not miss it here?

Transferred the proposal to a new topic in “New features” - have a look there:

Show speed (and altitude) in 'Follow location" mode too?

May I delete it here, @Jan_Lorenzen?

Yes, I meant those 2 variables. And I understand the point concerning the reset og tilt/zoom factor.

Maybe it would be possible to differentiate two triggers:

1. opening a new route (will be shown complete without tilt, not restoring the last seetings and not saving them if changing tilt/zoom factor)

2. switching back from an active navigation mode (will restore the last settting and save them if changed).

Don’t they both work that way already?

1. Importing a route scrolls & zooms map to fully show it (without rotation / tilt)

2. Switching back from active navigation restores last map state (all variables)

Hmmh, no, not really: I import route A, start naviagtion mode, then switch off navigation mode, tilt the map and choose a ceratin zoom mode (e.g. 2km, follow mode). At this point switching navigation mode on/off restores my settings every time (like exspected). Always “tilt, 2km zoom, follow mode”.

Then I import route B, route is shown completey (tilt is off now, zoom factor adjusted, e.g. 20km, follow mode was preserved).

Now I start navagation mode again. After switching this mode mode off, tilt and zoom settings are restored like they were after importing route B (tilt off, 20km). But I would expect my former “navigation switched off”-settings I adjusted while using route A (which means in this example: tilt off, 2km zoom, follow mode).

This way I would be able to adjust settings I always want to use if switching navigation mode off.

This is what I tried to express: tilt off and zoom factor to be able to view the whole route after importing it is Ok. But switching back from navigation mode should use tilt/zoom seetings like they were set the last time I switched back from this mode, not like they were after importing a new route.

Actually that’s the implemented and expected behavior and like was discussed in its topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

How app should know a specific state user wants and at which time, without complicate things?
When switch navigation on, the app saves map state and restores it when switch navigation off.
There is not a permanent state that can find saved, it’s always the last map state before switch.