Kurviger 1.3

Wäre klasse,.
Gruß Oliver

Great news and a great list of great improvements! (hey - did I use the G-word THREE times? :grin:)

I really look forward for the next test ride! :+1: (unfortunately could take some time until then, due to a recent surgical operation :face_with_head_bandage:)

1 Like

That’s my most favorite improvements of this update. Thank you! For sure, the others sound nice as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to promote the optional display of speed. I have already a speedometer right below the smartphone. No necessity to waste space of the limited smartphone display. :wink:

I’ll join you:
I myself use the speedometer display of the app “Ulysse Tachometer Pro” as an overlay (as well as the display of altitude), because Kurviger’s display of speed is too small for my needs to keep an eye on it all the time while moving - but it doesn’t bother me either, because it’s hidden by the overlay.

1 Like

Whats exactly does this mean? Is the current route automatically exported to a file (.kurviger?) after being edited?

It’s related to this discussion.
Previously route(s) were auto-saved on app exit.

Now are auto-saved asynchronously after changes.
Even with irregular app exits, should be safe.

Ahhh, I see. Good function, helps preventing frustration :grin:.

If I had a wish from Santa Claus this Xmas, I’d love to be able to select ANY waypoint from my route for this function. :blush:

When you express it that way, can we refuse?! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

This insatiable man … :laughing:
(This is the fate of developers who listen to there users:
Every development step awakens new ideas and needs! :joy:)

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right. In fact I’m a little bit ashamed about that :relaxed: - but can’t help it :grin:.

2 Likes

There’s a (really small!) issue about that new function: if tapping on the element while missing a GPS position, you get some “fancy” output (0x7ffffffe) on the display.

Thanks for the report Mario!

You seem having a GPS position on map, probably some miscalculation happens which needs to be checked. :slightly_smiling_face:

New colors and line width looks already awsome without driving… enjoying my next weekend ride…

1 Like

Mario can you post the .kurviger route file and the user location where this happens?
(menu Share | Location and Copy to clipboard)

Is it reproducible?
You can send a private message if you like.

I’ll try to reproduce it and will send the file and coordinates then.

Hi,

thanks - there are many interesting changes, I appreciate them!

Further more I checked the GPX import with special character in track name from alpenrouten.de (as already mentioned in an other thread) - works fine, thanks.

Especially the change of the display mode of route and location marker is very nice - I decreased the route width to 50%.

I even would like to decrease it to 20% or 10%, reason: After planning a route I usually check categories of roads used by the route - due to the thick route line I have to zoom in quite far until I can see the category of the road “below” the route - this has already been improved by setting the width to 50%, but I still have to zoom in. Setting the width to 20% or even 10% might be a further improvement.

Example (Screenshots from a 10" tablet):
https://kurv.gr/qL5vU

If you goto to SW of intermediate destination #6:

at a scale of 1cm=2km you have no idea of the category of the shortcut from DEG 3 to DEG 2.

Zoming in to 1cm=100m you can see, that the category is “white road” instead of “pale yellow road” (I don’t know the category names):

Therefore I propose to enhance the ajustable width down to 10% - there is no disadvantage, nobody has to use that thin route line …

Thanks and regards

Markus

2 Likes

Gerade bei mir im Wohngebiet eine halbe Stunde mit dem Auto die neuen Einstellungsmöglichkeiiten getestet. (Die Anwohner haben schon alle gedacht ich bin deppert). :thinking:
Klasse Update, auch die Ablesbarkeit (Kontrast) ist gelungen👍

4 Likes

We can provide such extended route scale in next version. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Probably mean if tap on the element while away from route?
Then the panels shouldn’t display any info, fixed that for next version.

Yes, I think that was the scenario. Couldn’t reproduce it yet.