Kurviger 1.13.16 (Beta)

Kurviger 1.13.16 (Beta) is on Google Play (instructions):

- Routing: waypoint names

You can set waypoint names inside the app via:

• Menu (long press on waypoints)
  • List (menu Routing | Waypoints)

Waypoint names are used in navigation, with bookmarks / search and routes (kurviger, gpx, itn, mpjs).

- Routing: waypoint types

You can set waypoint types (regular or shaping) inside the app via:

• Menu (long press on waypoints)
  • List (menu Routing | Waypoints)

Shaping points are any position along a route that will not alert you when you arrive.

- Navigation: pause / continue navigation (Pro)

Tap navigation button to start and then pause / continue navigation.
Long press navigation button to stop a started or paused navigation.

- Navigation: strict route following (Pro)

Navigate along the route without shortcuts, i.e. follow the route strictly from one waypoint to another. When go off route, the rerouting tries to resume to the last omitted waypoint.

Available in “Settings | Navigation | Rerouting mode”.

- Navigation: map orientation modes (tap compass) (Pro)

Available map orientation modes in navigation:

• No rotation
  • Movement direction 2D
  • Movement direction 3D
  • Route overview

Available when tap compass and in “Settings | Navigation | Map orientation”

- Navigation: change display color (Pro)

Support different colors + transparency for navigation display.

Available in “Settings | Application | Display color”.

- Navigation: turn instruction display option (Pro)

You can show / hide turn instruction display panel in navigation.

Available in “Settings | Navigation | Show turn instructions”.

- Navigation: voice volume option (Pro)

Select voice volume in app or use system audio volume.

Available in “Settings | Voice guidance | Voice volume”.

- Navigation: prepare all audio connections to avoid cut-off instructions (Pro)

Audio connection preparation is available on all audio outputs to avoid cut-off instructions.

Available in “Settings | Voice guidance | Prepare audio connection”.

- Navigation: Danish voice navigation (Pro)

Available in “Settings | Voice guidance | Voice language”.

- Navigation: improve rerouting settings (Pro)

- Navigation: improve rerouting at start (Pro)

- Navigation: improve BRouter turn instructions (Pro)

- Export: GPX (offline) format (with waypoint names)

For convenience you can export routes in GPX format also offline (with waypoint names).

- App: lock screen orientation in navigation / follow

Available in “Settings | Application | Screen orientation mode”.

- App: external input devices (WunderLINQ, etc.) (Pro)

Support external input devices, like keyboard, WunderLINQ, etc.

Available in “Settings | Application | External input device”.

- App: font size option

You can make the UI text on screen smaller or larger.

Available in “Settings | Application | Font size”.

- Map: add POI for parking in layers menu (Pro)

More points of interest in map layers menu for parking areas.

- Map: option to group markers

By clustering the markers, we can put a large number of markers on the map without making the map hard to read and hurting app performance.

Available in “Settings | Map | Maximum zoom level of marker groups” for bookmarks, GPX, etc.

- Various improvements

We’re looking forward for your feedback about the new version and we wish you a nice Kurviger experience! :motorcycle: :racing_car:

8 Likes

Nice!
too bad we can’t really go out to test it…

1 Like

Waypoint names is one of the features that can be tested inside. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wegpunktnamen in der App ändern, Super

Jetzt fehlt nur der Planer noch.

1 Like

First steps for a great and very helpful feature - LIKE! :+1:t4:

For further steps I think it would be good to get even more advantages by using waypoint names.

For example by displaying the names instead of the waypoint number in the navigation info panel:

Or by marking all waypoints with names in a route (like number 3 in this example):

3 Likes

Interesting idea, although need to think the UI side effects.

The names appear in the info bubbles, to avoid making the map unreadable.
(see image in announcement)

Or do you mean to open all info bubbles simultaneously?

1 Like

Effects would remain quite reasonable because only the second field of the panel would be wider. Quite a small concession - especially regarding the fact that Kurviger can use fullscreen mode by now.

But then you’d be able to recognize if you’re currently approaching a certain waypoint. After all this function could even be an option in the settings (“use names in waypoint panel”). I think managing and identifying certain stopover waypoints easily is an essential feature if using routes.

Additionally to such a display feature it would be great if it would be possible to tap on that panel to switch through all the (unvisited) waypoints of the current route so that you’re able to select a certain waypoint to be displayed in this panel. Because most of the times you’re heading for a certain waypoint as next stopover so it often may be more useful to see the distance to that special (and most probably named) waypoint than simply to the next waypoint in the route. Long pressing the panel could be used to quickly select the final stop as displayed information. Or using some alternative UI method like already discussed here.

Yes I noticed (and tested :smile:) that. But if you have a larger route with more waypoints you might have to “try” various waypoints until you got the right one. So marking special waypoints (e.g. with a different color) would improve the overview where those waypoints are.

Oh no - this certainly would clutter the display completely :thinking:.

The idea is to be able to recognize special waypoint quicker while being on tour. Maybe because there’s a restaurant for a planned stopover, a parking lot to meet other buddies or a certain location to be visited.

This would especially useful if you want to have a quick glance during a short stop by switching from navigation mode to the map view (“ah - only three waypoint left until we’ll reach our first stopover”).

I think the new simulation feature is very useful for testing without being on the road.

Can’t reply “HOW GREAT” as often as you update the app … :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the ideas!

Android screens can be of any size or dpi and since waypoint names can be of any length, we’ll need to cut off some names to fit everywhere, so I must think carefully the implementation.

Actually we have discussed that and I can examine it in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s easily solved when we introduce waypoint types, where only stopover (and not shaping) waypoints participate in instructions and navigation.

Oh you meant waypoint colors!
That could be examined too, as I mentioned in waypoint names topic, we start with names and will see for more advanced features later.

Let’s proceed step by step. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have another idea.

Since I would not change all names of the waypoints, but only special ones, like break, longings, etc., it might be an idea to announce only these renamed waypoints with the name by voice output.

So I know e.g. " in 2000 m break or a break at the lake, or SehnswĂĽrdigkeit". So I could prepare myself exactly for it, the same a large interruption comes and must not always look on Navi, when the break comes.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Ich hätte da noch ein idee.

Da ich zumindest nicht alle Namen der Wegpunkte ändern würde, sondern nur spezielle, wie Pause, sehnswürdigkeiten, etc. wäre es vieleicht noch eine idee, nur diese umbenannten Wegpunkte mit dem Namen per Sprachausgabe ansagen zu lassen.

So weiß ich z.B " in 2000 m Pause oder eine Pause am See, oder Sehnswürdigkeit". So könnte ich mich genaus drauf vorbereiten, das gleiche eine grosse Unterbrechung kommt und muss nicht immer auf Navi schauen, wann die Pause komme.

Ich hoffe, ihr versteht was ich meine.

Absolutely. That’s exactly the point I tried to express in my post.

But as devemux86 already mentioned the best way to fulfill such demands could be the implementation of different waypoint types so that you can make a difference between shaping points (used to “form” a route) and stopover points (meant as those waypoints in a route which really should be visted and most likely would have a certain name).

1 Like

Hallo,
und wieder ein Stück näher an die eierlegende Wollmilchsau :rofl: :confetti_ball: :rofl:

zwecks der Namen von Wegpunkten: Ist es vielleicht möglich die Straßennamenanzeige für die Wegpunkte zu nutzen? Auch als Lauftext und abhängig von der Entfernung?

Wie @SchlesiM schon geschrieben hat, finde ich den Wegpunkten bestimmte Farben zuzuordnen sehr hilfreich. So kann ich jeder Wegpunktbedeutung eine Farbe zuordnen. Wichtig wäre es aber, dass ich den Punkten in den Einstellungen eine Farbe gebe, und diese dann bei der Streckenplanung über das Kontextmenü nur noch zuordnen muss.

kleines Beispiel:

Wichtig wäre es dann, diese Einstellung auch auf der Web-Seite in meinem Account machen zu können.

Viele GrĂĽĂźe

Basti

Endlich habt ihr es geschafft, wunderbar!
Es wäre schön, wenn die Browser-app kompatibel wäre, und wenn die Wegepunkt-Namen der mit Android erstellte Route auch in der web-app zu sehen wären.
Ansonsten sind die guten Ideen schon oben beschrieben worden, ich schlieĂźe mich ihnen an, und ich freue mich schon auf die Wegepunkte-typen!

You finally did it, wonderful!
It would be nice if the browser app would be compatible and if the waypoint names of the route created with Android could be seen in the web app.
Otherwise, the good ideas have already been described above, I’m joining them and I’m looking forward to the waypoint types!

1 Like

Ohne die Ideen schlecht reden zu wohlen, Lauftexte und bunte Farben? :thinking: Ist mir ehrlich gesagt etwas zu viel des Guten. Eigentlich ist doch das Ziel schöne Strecken zu finden/fahren, ob mit Motorrad oder Cabrio. Wie aber soll man sich “konzentrieren” wenn es “flimmert” und “blinkt” wie ein Spielautomat. Meine Bitte von daher, übertreibt es nicht oder macht entsprechende Funktionen abschaltbar. :slightly_smiling_face:

Without the ideas bad talk to wohlen, running texts and bright colors? :thinking: To be honest, it’s a little too much of a good thing for me. Actually, the goal is to find/ride beautiful routes, whether by motorcycle or convertible. But how can you “concentrate” when it “flickers” and “flashes” like a slot machine. My request from there, do not exaggerate it or turn off the corresponding functions. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ganz meine Meinung!

1 Like

Indeed like @SchlesiM nicely explained above, when waypoint types are introduced,
many workflows will be simplified, so we can review them after that feature is finished.

Do you mean like @SchlesiM mentioned it above?
I can see how that is possible.

I will see that here, probably similarly to waypoint names.

And @boldtrn can see that here.

@boldtrn will see that here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hallo @devemux86, @luckytown

zu devemux86
wenn meine Ăśbersetzung stimmt, dann ja, wie @SchlesiM oben schon geschrieben. Nur mal eine Beispiel.

zu luckytown:
Die Straßennamenanzeige wird von mir nur sehr selten genutzt. Wenn ich darüber die Informationen über den nächsten speziellen Wegpunkt erhalte (Beispiel 2 km zuvor) könnte ich damit gut leben. Die Farbgebung hätte für mich den Vorteil, dass ich bei einer Routenänderung (während der Tour) schnell erkenne welche Wegpunkte ich auslassen könnte. Ein weiteres Beispiel: Ich plane eine Route für eine Gruppe. Da könnte ich meinen Routenvorschlag besser organisieren, ohne danach einen Routentext zu verfassen (Wegpunkt 7 Pause, Wegpunkt 13 Burgbesichtigung …)

Und wer es nicht haben möchte, kann es dann einfach in den Einstellungen abschalten.

Viele GrĂĽĂźe

Basti