App: Switch to online map info

Ich nutze kurviger die 1.Saison und habe keinen Vergleich. Ich habe die Offline Karten geladen auf den PC. Von dort auf die SD Karte des Handys und dann in der kurviger Pro App markiert und auswählen gedrückt. Speichert die App diese Einstellungen nicht?
Bitte auf deutsch antworten da selbst deepL nicht immer alles richtig übersetzt.

Doch , das App merkt sich das. Falls es aber Probleme mit der SD Karte gibt, kann es natürlich Probleme geben. Ich habe mitlerweile die Karten im Handyspeicher abgelegt, bzw. kopiere diese von der SD karte in den Handyspeicher…

1 Like

Es ist so wie ich es geschrieben habe!
Aber lassen wir es, für mich macht es kein Sinn hier etwas zu fragen, ich finde nicht die korrekten Wörter.

It obviously remembers the last open map.
You can verify this each time starting the app.

If it cannot load the map file, then something is wrong with the file or Android and does not allow the app to use it.

There is also the Google Translate.

Wie erkenne ich ob es die Online oder Offline Karte ist?

Look at map copyright at the bottom.
If it says Mapilion, it is an online map.

In der App > 3 Striche > Karte > Online-Karten, wenn keine ausgewählt ist hast Du Offlinekarten aktivert.
Außerdem sollten bei Onlinekarten “Karten-Sprache” und “Karten-Ebenen” ausgegraut sein.

In the app > 3 lines > Map > Online maps, if none is selected you have activated offline maps.
In addition, “Map language” and “Map layers” should be greyed out for online maps.

4 Likes

Okay, dann verwende ich auf alle Fälle Offline Karten und keine Online. Wie kann es dann zu diesen Problemen kommen, dass man plötzlich einen weißen Hintergrund hat wenn man z.B. durch ein Waldstück fährt?

Android never liked the SD cards…
Each new Android version is becoming more restrictive with file storage.
So indeed the internal storage is the best solution.

Sprache steht auf Standard und Ebenen auf Straßen und Hausnummer

You need to provide more details.
What offline map is open, what coordinates and what zoom.

The forests are usually rendered when vegetation is selected in map layers.

Or the specific area could have some OSM data problem and cannot be seen.
Without more details it is difficult to imagine what could have happened…

Ich denke wichtig wäre für @devemux86 welche Androidversion verwendet wird. Desweiteren wird es wohl sein wie @devemux86 weiter oben schrieb, hat Android vermutlich ein Problem mit der SD-Karte. Hilfreich wäre es die Offlinekarten auf das Handy zu verschieben und zu schauen was passiert. Ich nutze keine SD-Karte und konnte das Problem noch nicht beobachten.

I think it would be important for @devemux86 to know which Android version is being used. Furthermore, as @devemux86 wrote above, Android probably has a problem with the SD card. It would be helpful to move the offline maps to the phone and see what happens. I don’t use an SD card and haven’t seen this problem yet.

2 Likes

Samsung Galaxy S5
Android 6.0.1
Offline Maps on SD-Card (germany.map)

Works like this for years, nothing changed

All the years only 2 or 3 times (last time this weekend in following mode) that I noticed suddenly, only when I got into a dead zone, that an online map was loaded (map had white areas),
after reloading the offline map all fine again

So not an existential problem, just a bit irritating each time, and I have to stop on the trip to reset to the offline map again.

(I had rebooted the device this time before the tour - I’ll have to watch in the future if it has something to do with the reboot).

Samsung Galaxy S5
Android 6.0.1
Offline-Karten auf SD-Karte (germany.map)

Funktioniert seit Jahren so, nichts geändert

All die Jahre nur 2 oder 3 mal (zuletzt dieses Wochenende im Folgemodus), dass ich plötzlich, erst als ich in eine tote Zone kam, bemerkte, dass eine Online-Karte geladen war (Karte hatte weiße Flächen),
nach erneutem Laden der Offline-Karte alles wieder in Ordnung

Also kein existenzielles Problem, nur jedes Mal etwas nervig, und ich muss auf der Fahrt anhalten, um wieder auf die Offline-Karte zurückzusetzen.

(Ich hatte das Gerät dieses Mal vor der Tour neu gestartet - ich werde in Zukunft darauf achten müssen, ob es etwas mit dem Neustart zu tun hat).

1 Like

Kann es auch daran liegen, dass die App die Route neu berechnen wollte? Ich habe die geplante Route verlassen und die App wollte mich auch ständig zurück führen

The maps are not related to routing or navigation.

Again please provide all the details for the report.
Discussing possibilities without details has no meaning.

Thanks for the details.

Map cannot change in the middle of navigation,
only by user or when app starts and cannot find the offline map.

You can see if using an online map with the methods described above here and here.

Or the SD card was not suddenly accessible and so the app could not read the map file.
But that seems more like an Android or hardware problem.

What you have seen was probably that the offline map could not be read,
so the screen displayed empty tiles.

2 Likes

… and then the app switched therefore to online maps? Because at home I noticed that online maps were choosen.

If you are sure about that…

…this could happen, if you restarted the app and the offline map was not accessible.

1 Like

Hi devemux ,
May there is an Option top Show in the Map Copyright the Status like on/ offline. ?
That prefent misunderstandings. I also remeber issues with older devices… too slow. Because the Maps increase due to more info are include.
And i get errors.
Cheers

1 Like