Good place to stay several days with different tours?

Hi everybody, can you please help me find a good region/city to stay in the Alpes?
I want to stay for multiple days, preferrably more than 5-7 days, without doing the same mountain pass over and over again.

What is, in your opinion, the best place for… star-shaped tours (“Sternfahrt” in German) that go in all possible directions over as many passes as possible, when I only want to do something like 250-300km per day.

I would love to return to the same place every night so we don’t have to pack and unpack and look for hotels every day.

My best guess at the moment would probably be Andermatt, in Switzerland, where you can do incredible tours with the passes Gotthard, Nufenen, Grimsel, Furka, Susten, Lukmanier etc. And you could also do day trips to two different beautiful lakes:

Do you have any similar recommendations?
Do you have any such recommendation in Austria, where it’s a bit cheaper?

Any help is much appreciated!
Patrick

2 Likes

My recommendation in this case (we talked about this before, I know :slight_smile: ). Would be the area around Jesenice/Bled in Slovenia. This might be even a bit cheaper than Austria. When I have been there the last time I was a bit surprised how expensive it is though, so it’s not that much cheaper, but a bit cheaper.

I just marked a random position in that area: https://kurv.gr/XyIoc

The Triglav National Park is one of my favorite areas for riding. Definitely check the Mangart. In addition you can ride to Kärnten, towards Italy, and there are some really nice rather unknown smaller passes in the south east in the direction of Ljubljana.

It is a bit far off in the Alps though, so you might need one more night somewhere on the way.

BTW: we have great accommodation recommendations on Kurviger that cater especially for motorcyclists, so it should be very easy to plan form hotel to hotel :+1:.

1 Like