Kurviger.de | Application | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | Legal Notice | Privacy Policy

First experience with Kurviger - still tricky

Yesterday I had the first opportunity to test my 10 Euro-App Kurviger Pro with my scooter - and finished after about 6 minutes. I had massive problems with the live view of my actual position plus the direction of the route not being shown in the correct ( driving ) direction - but somehow different or the other way round. In addition the ‘route behind’ was still colored in the same color as the one in front of me - so I did not exactly know in which direction I was moving at that moment. This was also due to the position being shown as a kind of a transparent circle - but not as an arrow with the driving direction pointing forward.

So either I´m configuring the app completely wrong - or something wrong with the usability of the app - or something in between. I´m open for every tip improving the actual experience as described above…

0 Likes

Have you pressed the navigation button at bottom-left?

Then the app should work in navigation mode like here.

1 Like

Seems as if I have NOT pressed that button - as I had thought that it is the circle on the right side which makes the route-modus running.This might explain why the actual position showed up with the circle only - but not with the direction arrow. I will check on that once more and try to do it the correct way this time … thanks so far

0 Likes

Did you get better experiences in the meantime (as the title of this topic still sounds very disappointed)?

1 Like

I changed the title to ‘tricky’ if that is ok for you Uli. :slight_smile:

Yes, in the meantime and after some more experience ‘outside’ things went better. At the moment there is still one issue which does not seem to work that well - and this is rechosing the route when it had been changed by me. When I drive another route than the one elected by Kurviger - it first takes relatively long until a new route is chosen.

And, a little more uncomfortable, yesterday it has taken place two times that after Kurviger has ‘rerouted’ that the info data on the left and right upper side ( time left, driven speed and so on) stays empty - although I have enough radio reception for the phone. I could only solve this by stopping, deleting the old route, importing it again - and restart. Afterwards the info data was filled in as usual. Is this a bug?

Last question ( for the moment) - the area which shows up on the smartphone´s display, is relatively close, so I see the next crossing only a very short while before is it coming near. Is there a way to increase the scale of the screen a little more to have a better overview?

0 Likes

You can play with the various auto zoom options in navigation settings:

• Disable auto zoom and select a preferred scale on map
  • Enable fixed auto zoom selecting same min / max levels
  • Enable dynamic auto zoom with different min / max levels
1 Like

This sounds to me like you have (temporarily) lost internet connection.
In my experience the new route is calculated usually in less than 5-10sec - even if internet quality is only Edge.

If you could take a screenshot of such situations it might help the developers to solve the issue.
In very rare occations I had similar observations.
The pattern seems to be many routing calculations in a row without following the new calculated route, but take another one instead.
Automatic recalculation was on btw.

After this I stopped navigation and calculated a new route:

Only after restarting the App it continues to work as expected.

Btw:
These screenshots had been taken on my old Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.3 and I was never able to reproduce this. Now I have a new phone.

Edit: My issue was with older Kurviger version (have a look at the date of the screenshots)

Manfred

0 Likes

Offline routing
Sometimes (rarely) navigation stops working

Yes, of course! Thank you, in the name of the developers too! :+1:t3: :grinning:

0 Likes

Thanks for the ‘zoom’ tip, will go for this asap …

0 Likes

Hi Manfred, I thought this too in the beginning, but the connection was not that bad, therefore I did not understand why it took so long. As mentioned, when I stopped and deleted the actual route, imported it and restarted again - all went well and all add-on data left and right was there again. Seems as if the re-routing or actualizing the route when driving another route than the one on the screen still causes issues from time to time. Your screenshots exactly show what I meant …and my Kurviger is the latest version.

0 Likes

Have you tried to press on the navigation button twice to restart the navigation? This should usually solve this issue.

0 Likes

To be honest -I do not exactly remember, I will check on this the next time I do a ride. Thanks anyway…

1 Like