Favoriten in der Web.Version

Ich plane Routen immer gerne auch mit kurviger.de am PC. Doch ich vermisse meine Favoriten, die ich in der App wohl habe (und in Tyre oder Basecamp). Jedes Mal, wenn ich meine Route z. B. von zu Hause aus starten will, muss ich die Adresse neu eingeben, das ist nervig.
Sind Favoriten gar nicht geplant in der Web-Version?

I always plan routes with kurviger.de on the PC. But I miss my favorites, which I probably have in the app (and in Tire or Basecamp). Every time when I want to start from home, I have to enter the address again, that’s annoying.
Are favorites planned in the web version?

Kurviger.de is “just” a platform to edit and calculate routes. It has no personal data storage (like Tyre, Basecamp or some other platforms).

But your route (regardless of being just created or imported from a saved file) is always represented with its waypoints in the current URL in the address line of your browser. So it can very easily be saved as a favorite like every other web address by using the according browser functions. This way you can even create an appropriate folder structure if you want to organize a larger amount of routes.

Ah sorry - just saw that you likely meant favorite waypoints, not favorite routes. But this also won’t be possible without a database, so I don’t think we can expect such a function. Kindly note that you don’t have any sort of personal account in the Kurviger site (which could be connected to some stored individual data).

There is a trick :slight_smile:. You can export your favorites as GPX, send them to your computer and load this GPX as overlay in Kurviger.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:?

There are plans to offer a synchronisation between app and website in the future. Also see this topic: Is there a rough estimation of when User Accounts will arrive?

1 Like

Es ist wirklich ein Punkt, der mir am Herzen liegt! Ich hätte gerne die Lesezeichen aus der App auch in der Webansicht. Vielleicht kann man das ja auch ohne Benutzerkonto/Datenbank lösen, zum Beispiel durch eine Import-Funktion.

Wenn ich die Lesezeichen aus der App exportiere und im Webfenster importiere, erscheinen die Lesezeichen als Punkte in der map und als Koordinaten im Wegepunkte-Fenster, siehe Bild. Damit kann man nicht arbeiten. Die Datei mit der Endung “bookmark” lässt sich nicht importieren.

Die Favoriten/Lesezeichen-Funktion hat mir bei Tyre ganz gut gefallen, jetzt kann man ja nicht mehr mit Tyre arbeiten…

It’s really a point that matters to me! I would like to have the bookmarks from the app also in the web view. Maybe you can solve this without a user account / database, for example by an import function.

If I export the bookmarks from the app and import them in the web window, the bookmarks appear as points in the map and as coordinates in the waypoint window, see picture. You can not work with that. The file with the extension “bookmark” can not be imported.

I liked the favorites / bookmark feature quite well on Tire, now you can not work with Tire anymore …

Georg could you please try to export as .gpx? At least the overlay should work in that case, as Robin described in the post above your last one. So that would be a small workaround, after the import you could set “real” markers to where the overlay points and then you’d be good to go

Ja, das ist ein “Trick”, um zumindest die Punkte dort zu haben. Vielleicht könnte man noch ein “mouseover” implementieren, damit man den Namen schneller angezeigt bekommt.

Yes, this is a “trick” to at least have the points there. Maybe you could implement a “mouseover”, so you get the name displayed faster.

2019-04-17_182747

1 Like

Thanks, I can have a look if we can add such a mouseover.

Das habe ich gerade umgesetzt :slight_smile: Danke fĂĽr den Vorschlag.

1 Like

Funktioniert aber noch nicht…

Seltsam. Bei mir geht das (Firefox und Edge).

Lokale

Evtl. nochmal Strg & F5 drĂĽcken, damit die Seite komplett neu geladen wird (und nicht aus dem Cache).

2 Likes

Vielleicht wäre es möglich, dass wenn man mit den Optionen “Nutze als Overlay” und “Waypoints” beim Import einer (z.B. GPX-)Datein mit Favoriten o.ä. diese in einer eigenen Liste anzeigt, ähnlich wie die Wegpunkte für die Route. Allerdings mit Namen und einer Fuktion, damit wenn man auf den Positions-Button daneben klickt, in der Karte auf diesen Punkt gezoomed wird, damit man ihn z.B. leicht als Wegpunkt in die Route einfügen kann.

Maybe it would be possible that after importing a list of favorites (or other custom POIs) with the options “use as overlay” and “waypoints” chosen, these will be displayed in a separate list similar to this one with the route’s waypoints. But with using the names and a function with which you can zoom in to a certain favorite/POI in the map view by clicking the position-button behind a list entry and therefore be able to easily identify and/or add this location as a waypoint for your route.

1 Like