Smartphone is not the ideal solution for use as a motorcycle display. The following points are not “hard” points, more general “problems”:
- it is not easily positionid in the field of view of the rider, so that does not have to move the head for seeing the display
- display as used in smarpthone are not best in direct sunlight and sometimes hard to read
- smartphone can get damn hot, which can affect the navigation and the smartphone itself
(As a mechanical engineer) I do like to tinker with arduino and all that stuff. So have I have some special display lying around and just thought to myself. What do I really need for navigation while riding.
A direction symbol (left, right, …)
- a direction symbol (or the next action)
- the distance when this will happen
So why not build a system (if interesting I will post my ideas) with excellent readable display (monochromatic) which are easy to position and the smarpthone communicates with them.
I would suggest that the smartphone sends special information to that unit like a “roadbook” of the navigation.
And with that information the navigation unit can maybe opperate “alone”.
I do have furhter technical details how to achieve this and I would like to build a prototype.
But only if this maybe “supported” within the kurviger app ( shouldn’t be tooooo much ^^ - as far as I understand it)