Export to Dropbox

Vielleicht sollt ich einen neuen Thread aufmachen, aber ich probiere es mal hier. Ich möchte eine kurviger Route in die Dropbox speichern, aber ich weiß nicht, wie ich sie auswählen kann. Von der kurviger pro app aus wird auch in der obersten Ebene nicht die Cloud angezeigt.
Mit der app Dateimanager + sehe ich die Cloud und somit meine Dropbox.

Maybe I should open a new thread, but I will try it here. I want to save a kurviger-route into the dropbox, but I don’t know how to select it. From the kurviger pro app, even in the top level the cloud is not shown.
With the app Filemanager + I see the cloud and therefore my dropbox.

Which app version, Android, device?

Kurviger 1.14.12 (Beta) uses Android’s storage access framework, which is controlled by Android.

If any cloud in the Android / OEM device is compatible with Android’s storage access framework,
then it could be seen in Android’s file manager.

Does Google Files app show that cloud storage?

Kurviger 1.14.5
Android Version 10
Smartphone: Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Google files zeigt die dropbox nicht an (außer die app in der app-Liste)
Google files does not show the dropbox (except the app in the app list)

Aber der Dateimanager + zeigt sie an:
But the Dateimanager + shows them:

Probably that cloud storage does not use Android’s storage access framework.
So the applications cannot see it via Android’s file manager.

Perhaps that file manager uses directly the cloud storage’s API.
Kurviger is not a file manager, but uses Android’s file manager.

There is Android’s Google Drive which should work everywhere.

Um es klar zu stellen, in dem Thread Öffnen mit ... / Open with ... - KurvigerPro missing ging es nicht darum Files in die Dropbox zu speichern, sondern aus der Dropbox-App heraus Files mit unterschiedlichen Apps zu öffnen.

Mein Kurviger-Workflow:

1. Planung der Touren grundsätzlich und komplett mit der Website
  2. die finale Version in .kurviger- und .gpx-Format (letztere lediglich für eventuelle Mitfahrer) exportieren und in eine Dropbox-Directory verschieben
  3. Durchführung der Touren durch Auswahl des .kurviger-Files und öffnen mit KurvigerPRO App
  4. die .gpx-Version kann per eMAIL oder WhatsApp an Mitfahrer gesandt werden
  5. Änderungen während der Tour erfolgen natürlich in KurvigerPRO werden aber nur im Android-File-System (Kurviger-Directory) gesichert
  6. von dort ist eine Weitergabe (eMAIL/WhatsApp) auch möglich

In der Dropbox-App kann ein Import aus dem Android-File-System erfolgen, z. B. für aufgezeichnete GPS-Tracks. Wobei ich mir letztere per WhatsApp an meinen PC schicke, um sie dort weiter zu verarbeiten.

Nur bestimmte Android-Apps können direkt in die Dropbox schreiben, hier ein Auszug aus dropboxforum.com: is.gd/Ahts4U

To make it clear, the thread Öffnen mit ... / Open with ... - KurvigerPro missing was not about saving files in the dropbox, but about opening files with different apps out of the dropbox app.

My Kurviger workflow:

1. planning the tours basically and completely with the website
  2. export the final version in .kurviger and .gpx format (the latter only for possible passengers) and move it to a dropbox directory
  3. operating the tours by selecting the .kurviger file and open with KurvigerPRO app
  4. the .gpx version can be sent to passengers via eMAIL or WhatsApp
  5. changes during the tour are of course made in KurvigerPRO but are only saved in the Android file system (Kurviger-Directory)
  6. from there a transfer (eMAIL/WhatsApp) is possible as well

In the Dropbox app, an import from the Android file system can be made, e.g. for recorded GPS tracks. I send the latter to my PC via WhatsApp for further processing.

Only certain Android apps can write directly into the dropbox, here an excerpt from dropboxforum.com: is.gd/Ahts4U

1 Like

Hallo Georg, ich speichere meine Dateien wie folgt: in Files gehe ich auf “Interner Speicher”, dort in dem von mir angelegten Ordner “kurviger”. Rechts sind neben der Datei 3 Punkte, da wähle ich “Teilen” aus. Dann werden mir die entsprechenden Apps angezeigt in die ich die Datei speichern kann. In meinem Fall “Drive”. Vielleicht hilft Dir der Weg weiter?

Hello Georg, I save my files as follows: in Files I go to “Interner Speicher”, there in the folder “kurviger” created by me. To the right of the file are 3 dots, there I choose “share”. Then I will be shown the corresponding apps where I can save the file. In my case “Drive”. Maybe this way will help you?

Sorry zaphod-42, dass ich dir reingegrätscht bin!
Sorry zaphod, that I slipped in!

Danke luckytown, das ist ein Weg!
Thanks luckytown, this is a way!

Habe ich nicht so empfunden - wollte nur ein vermeintliches Missverständnis ausräumen. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:
I didn’t find it that way - I just wanted to clear up an imaginary misunderstanding. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: