Error while trying to import an existing route

Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘boolean java.lang.String.startsWith(java.lang.String)’ on a null object reference

(Debug information, this helps us helping you, you can remove this if you don’t want to share this data, it should not contain any personal or sensitive information)
Device: Google - Pixel 6a - Android: 13 - WebView: 109.0.5414.117
App-Version: 3.0.3 - 401

Got a new mobile and was playing around. While trying to import an existing route in K3 I received error message shown above. Do I make a mistake?

Can you provide the imported file causing the error?

Sure, here it is.
Sa Touring 2 (176km-3,5h).kurviger (43.9 KB)

Thanks for letting us know. I have an idea where this error might come from.

How do you open the file? Filebrowser? Cloud?

Hi Robin,

on my mobile I clicked in K3 app on import file and choose the file in total commander to open from the directory on my mobile device. Then I receive the error message. Interresting is, as I uploaded the *.kurviger file here in the forum and try to open it, it works. My device asks for the app to be used and it opens the route. No idea why I have this.

Did you use TotalCommander again to open the file that you uploaded? Or did you use the browser this time?

I used Total Commander to open the file. After tapping on the selected file, my device asks which application shall be used for the *.kurviger file. I select K3 and the route is properly opened:

But if I open first the K3 app, tap then on Import, I get the error message

1 Like

Do both files have exactly the same length?
I am thinking about the overwrite issue:

This happens with all my *.kurviger files. I have only one file to import, not two. Looks to me more like the source path while trying to import within the app is not recognized or buggy. I can even open the file in K3 after trying to import it, but only if I take the file and tell my device to use K3.

Thanks for providing more info about this @hellsguenni. I could find the issue for this and have applied a fix for this. As this issue is not our code but in a library we use, let’s hope this gets included in the library soon.

So let’s keep the fingers crossed :blush:

1 Like

Our fix was already accepted and we can add the fix with the next update, thanks for reporting this :+1:

This should be fixed with 3.0.4. - if not, pleas let us know.