Edit Button Wegpunkte verschwindet / Edit button waypoints disappears

Bin im Zuge der Planung auf folgendes Phänomen gestoßen, ausgelöst durch Speichern einer längeren URL. ( Suche noch nach einer guten Möglichkeit weiterführende Informationen an eine Wegpunkt zu heften )
Lässt sich replizieren:
Nach dem Bearbeiten des Namens eines Wegpunktes kann es passieren, dass der “Edit Button” nicht mehr erreichbar ist. Ein weiteres Bearbeiten geht dann nicht mehr, außer man löscht den Punkt und setzt ihn neu. Aus “Start” zu “01_02_03_04_05_06_07_08” ( 23 Zeichen ) geht es noch, bei 26 Zeichen ist der Button weg.

image image

In the course of planning, I encountered the following phenomenon, triggered by saving a longer URL. ( Still looking for a good way to attach additional information to a waypoint )
Can be replicated:
After editing the name of a waypoint it can happen that the “Edit Button” is no longer accessible. Further editing is then no longer possible, unless you delete the point and set it again. From Start to “01_02_03_04_05_06_07_08” (23 characters) it still works, with 26 characters the button is gone.

Thanks for reporting this. This only happens if you have a text without whitespaces, if you have a whitespace, the text wraps to the next line. So, regular words should work fine.

This behaviour is certainly not ideal. I will add it to our todo list, but I am not sure if there is a good fix.

Im Vergleich ( links WEB, rechts APP ):
Wenn der Edit-Button Web mal weg ist, kann man in der App korrigieren :slight_smile: , dort wird
der Edit-Button (1) nicht “herausgeschoben”.
Was mir noch aufgefallen ist: Wird es in der APP Version die Möglichkeit des Schneidens geben (2)?
Das wäre ein nettes Feature für unterwegs zur tagesweisen Zerlegung einer Gesamtreise.

image image

In comparison ( left WEB, right APP ):
If the edit button in Web Version is gone, you can correct in the app :slight_smile: , there is
the edit button (1) is not “pushed out”.
What else I noticed: will there be the possibility of cutting in the APP version (2)?
That would be a nice feature for on the road to break up a total trip by the day.

Gibt es schon, wird anscheinend nur im Querformat angezeigt:

Siehe Buttons "cut route" missing in mobile portrait view

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue, we have improved the behaviour on the website.

Now this only happens if you use a name that only contains numbers or other special characters.

So your sample still breaks the website:

01_02_03_04_05_06_07_08_09_10

These names work:

01_02_03_04_05-06_07_08_09_10
01_02_03_04_05_AB_07_08_09_10

So it’s not perfect yet, but I think it should work for most cases where people give waypoints readable names.

I’ll keep this as a low prio item on our todo list, so maybe we can solve this somehow in the future.