App: Bookmark colors

Good morning,
When importing a gpx file that is built into the bookmarks, it would be interesting to ask what color to look for in order to see the differences (mountain passes, campsites, etc.) as now all bookmarks look the same color (orange) to be able to differentiate them easily.
Thanks !

Thanks for the suggestion.

There will be improvements to the bookmarks in the future.
Their color could be among these changes.

GPX schema does not contain color attribute, we need extensions.

OsmAnd uses the common hex format “#AARRGGBB” or “#RRGGBB”.
(see OsmAnd docs)

Example for waypoint red color (without transparency):

<wpt lat="..." lon="...">
    <extensions>
        <color>#ffff0000</color>
    </extensions>
</wpt>

This will be needed if you want the GPX files to save the bookmark colors.

[DE] Ich hatte meinen Wunsch schon einmal formuliert, kann ihn nun aber nicht mehr finden. Ich wünsche mir, dass ich bei den Lesezeichen unter mehreren Farben auswählen kann. So kann ich beim Anlegen festlegen, ob es sich zum Beispiel um eine schönes Routenziel / Sehenswürdigkeit handelt (z.B. rot), um die Adresse eines Freundes (blau), einer Lokalität/Restaurant (gelb) oder eine sehr schöne Straße (grün) handelt. Das wäre schon mal die halbe Miete.
Zusatz 1: Wenn ich nicht nur den Stern, sondern auch noch weitere Symbole wählen könnte, wäre es noch besser. Aber die Farben reichen mir schon.
Zusatz 2: Wenn ich dann auch noch auswählen kann, welche Kategorie angezeigt werden soll, noch besser.
All dies erleichtert die Planung von Touren vor und auch während einer Tour.

Bild: Viele Lesezeichen. Handelt es sich um ein tolles Ziel, eine Sehenswürdigkeit, um den Wohnort eines Freundes, eine tolle Currywurst-Bude oder sonst was? Eine Farbkennzeichnung wäre hilfreich.

Image: Many bookmarks. Is it a great destination, a landmark, where a friend lives, a great currywurst joint, or something else? A color coding would be helpful

[EN] I had already formulated my wish once, but now I can no longer find it. I wish that I can choose from several colors for the bookmarks. So I can specify when creating, for example, whether it is a beautiful route destination / sight (eg red), the address of a friend (blue), a location / restaurant (yellow) or a very nice street (green). That would be half the battle.
Addition 1: If I could choose not only the star, but also other symbols, it would be even better. But the colors are enough for me.
Addendum 2: If I could then also choose which category to display, even better.
All this makes it easier to plan tours before and also during a tour.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions.

The bookmarks currently use one svg icon (and it cannot be repainted).

I plan to review the bookmarks in the future with various improvements.

It is a big project, so I have to prepare it carefully…

2 Likes

Wie weit ist das Projekt inzwischen gediehen?
Das würde die Planung während einerTour(bei mir der Normalfall)auf jeden Fall vereinfachen!

How far has the project progressed?
That would definitely simplify planning during a tour (the normal case for me)!

1 Like

There can be no estimates for the development of the features.
When something is available, it is announced here in the forum.

Please be patient, many interesting things are planned… :slightly_smiling_face:
(by the 1 developer of the app)