Crosshair mode to adjust waypoint position

K1/K2 uses the “crosshair mode”, which allows you to adjust points quickly and precisely.

I think this feature is also very useful and helpful for K3 - especially if you use the app for route planning.

Do you have any plans to add this?

1 Like

There is a similar mode in new app - the mode is activated by long tap on waypoint:

There is no real crosshair, but the waypoint icon stays in the middle of the screen if you move the map.
On tablet in mobile phone mode (via split view) sometimes it works, but most of the time it does not - I did not find out yet why / why not.

Yes, we decided for the waypoint and against a crosshair because it makes it clearer what type of point your are moving.

What do you mean with does not work? What exactly is not working?

Good idea :+1:- what is the right term for that mode (“crosshair mode” is technically wrong)?

Instead of entering that mode I get an context menu:

I can reproduce it.
This way I can enter that “waypoint move mode”:

• start Kurviger (Tablet mode, landscape)
  • deny question “load previous route”
  • enter split view of apps
  • rotate tablet to portrait view
  • drag height to max height
  • load route from cloud
  • long tap on waypoint enters “move mode”

This way I get context menu:

• close Kurviger (route from cloud still open)
  • start Kurviger (Tablet mode, landscape)
  • confirm question “load previous route”
  • enter split view of apps
  • rotate tablet to portrait view
  • drag height to max heigh
  • long tap on waypoint shows context menu

After getting the context menu, I just loaded the same route from cloud again → entering “move mode” again was possible.

So far, we have no good name for it. The working title was “precision placement mode”, but it’s a bit long for my taste.

Ah ok, yes, so there is a mixup between tablet and non tablet mode, let me see if I can fix this :slight_smile:.

This mode should behave in a similar fashion for tablet and mobile phones with 3.0.4.

Yes, works well :+1:
Thanks for the implementation

Version: 3.0.4

Debug-Informationen:
Device: asus - P027 - Android: 7.0 - WebView: 109.0.5414.117
App-Version: 3.0.4 - 572
Screen: 1024 x 768 px - 2dppx

Da ich ab und an spontan eine Route auf dem Smartphon plane,sei es mangels eines PC während einer Reise oder des umgestaltens der Route während einer Tour,empfinde ich in diesem Fall die Hanhabung der kurviger 2 App mittels der Fadenkreuzpositionierung für mich als angenehmer.
Man kann die Punkte exact auf die Strasse setzen,wobei ich bei kurviger3 immer am zweifeln bin ob ich die Strasse genau genug getroffen habe oder ob ich noch nachjustieren muß. Zumal ich in kurviger2 bis auf konstant 10m und in kurviger3 nur auf konstant 30m hinein zoomen kann.Ich bin nicht nur einmal wegen ungenauer Punktesetzung falsch abgebogen,was während einer Tour mit mehreren Teilnehmern recht nervend ist.Auch würde ich es besser finden wenn bei planen in der App nicht nach jedem neu gesetzten Routenpunkt auf der ganzseitigen Karte das Haupmenü Fenster aufplopt und die Kartenansicht automatisch wieder auf die Hälfte verringert,sondern in der ganzseitigen Kartenansicht verbleibt bis ich sie per Pfeiltaste wieder einblende,wenn ich möchte.
Das ist keine Kritik,nur meine Meinung.
Auf jeden Fall macht ihr einen großartigen Job!!!
weiter so

(Debug information, this helps us helping you, you can remove this if you don’t want to share this data, it should not contain any personal or sensitive information)
Device: samsung - SM-G930F - Android: 8.0.0 - WebView: 108.0.5359.128
App-Version: 3.0.2 - 351]([Discontinued] Kurviger app - #111 by chrisjk)

Gibt in der neuen App auch den Fadenkreuzmodus:

Bisher aber nur für Wegpunkt verschieben - daher sind 2 Schritte erforderlich

1. Wegpunkt grob platzieren
  2. Lange darauf tippen, um zu verschieben

@moderators : Könnt Ihr bitte ggf. diesen Thread in den verlinkten verschieben?

Stimmt, hat mich auch schon öfters gestört, dass man bei K3 nicht dauerhaft weit genug hineinzoomen kann.

That’s right, it has often bothered me that you can’t permanently zoom in far enough on K3.
In K2 you could zoom in further.

I check every planned route with the “turn-instructions” to see if the points are well set.

Sometimes it is difficult to see even on the website whether a point is in the right place. :wink:

allerdings kann man per Fadenkreuz sofort sehen ob man den Punkt genau auf die Straße gesetzt hat oder nicht.Die Prozedur hat mir in kurviger2 besser gefallen.

Bin auch nicht ganz glücklich mit der Platzierung von Zwischenpunkten. Mir würde es wahrscheinlich helfen wenn man etwas tiefer hineinzoomen könnte. Bei K2 ging das bis auf 10m. Bei K3 nur bis 30m. Dann würde ich mit den Fingern den Zwischenpunkt auf der Straße zielgenauer setzen können. Und die + und - Buttons für den Zoom vermisse ich im Planungsmodus. Bin kein Freund von Gestensteuerung.

1 Like

Ja die +/- Tasten hätte ich auch gerne im Planungsmodus. Sollten bei Berührung erscheinen und nach ein paar Sekunden wieder
" verschwinden "

3 Likes

In the beginning I thought that it is a good idea, but meanwhile (with more experience, comparing K2 and K3) I think, using a real crosshair is the better solution: The waypoint icon covers a lot of map information above the target and it is not so important, to see the waypoint type during moving: I can see it before long tapping and also after finishing moving.

4 Likes

I am of the same opinion. I would also like to have a real crosshair mode again for more precision when setting waypoints. No need to see the waypoint. Combined with the possibility to keep the manually selected (large) zoom level after setting.

Thanks for the input, It is something we could discuss about. I am not really convinced that the the crosshair is more accurate, but I can totally understand that the marker is indeed covering up quite a lot of screen space.