Crosshair mode to adjust waypoint position

K1/K2 uses the “crosshair mode”, which allows you to adjust points quickly and precisely.

I think this feature is also very useful and helpful for K3 - especially if you use the app for route planning.

Do you have any plans to add this?

1 Like

There is a similar mode in new app - the mode is activated by long tap on waypoint:

There is no real crosshair, but the waypoint icon stays in the middle of the screen if you move the map.
On tablet in mobile phone mode (via split view) sometimes it works, but most of the time it does not - I did not find out yet why / why not.

Yes, we decided for the waypoint and against a crosshair because it makes it clearer what type of point your are moving.

What do you mean with does not work? What exactly is not working?

Good idea :+1:- what is the right term for that mode (“crosshair mode” is technically wrong)?

Instead of entering that mode I get an context menu:

I can reproduce it.
This way I can enter that “waypoint move mode”:

• start Kurviger (Tablet mode, landscape)
  • deny question “load previous route”
  • enter split view of apps
  • rotate tablet to portrait view
  • drag height to max height
  • load route from cloud
  • long tap on waypoint enters “move mode”

This way I get context menu:

• close Kurviger (route from cloud still open)
  • start Kurviger (Tablet mode, landscape)
  • confirm question “load previous route”
  • enter split view of apps
  • rotate tablet to portrait view
  • drag height to max heigh
  • long tap on waypoint shows context menu

After getting the context menu, I just loaded the same route from cloud again → entering “move mode” again was possible.

So far, we have no good name for it. The working title was “precision placement mode”, but it’s a bit long for my taste.

Ah ok, yes, so there is a mixup between tablet and non tablet mode, let me see if I can fix this :slight_smile:.