Create round trip online and then switch to offline (BRouter)

@hellsguenni see also here:

You are the man, I think I got it now - thanks a bundle :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just only one question, why would you use Brouter offline anyway, instead of Kurviger Online all the time? Is there a real need to use the offline maps, since internet/data is only used when calculating a route and if you change the route or if a route is recalculatedā€¦this is my understandingā€¦sorry if I am completely wrong hereā€¦thanks

1 Like

There are 2 separate settings:

1. Offline maps / online maps: Defines if the map (the ā€œbackground imageā€ with roads, rivers, ā€¦) is build with locally stored data or if tile images are loaded from a server

2. Online / offline routing: Defines, if the routing (means the calculation of a route) is done on kurviger server or locally with brouter

3 Likes

Even if you use Kurviger Online all the time it makes sense, to install offline maps
The maps are used constantly for displaying the ā€œbackgroundā€. Without offline maps this would create a lot of internet traffic.

1 Like

Depends also on where you are riding. Germany still has a lot of blind spots less internet availability. For those areas it is better to have the *.maps files stored on your mobile (preferrably to internal memory as SD cards are not that reliable) to have the maps always available for your display.

Regarding Brouter there is already the explaination of @rumbrummer:

2 Likes

Thank you , all clear now!

Thank you! Actually last week I was cruising in the Eifel in Germany :relaxed: What a beautiful place to rideā€¦the app went perfect, the other rider using the same app had several issues though regarding a message missed route even though we shared the route and he has exactly the same route but he ā€œlostā€ the route on several occassions actually, my route stayed intact, his didnt

It looks like their GPS was not accurate enough
and reported their location away from the route.

Did you have similar devices ā†’ GPS sensors?

Also did you have the same app settings?

• ā€œSettings | Location | Location serviceā€
  • ā€œSettings | Navigation | Minimal distance to recalculate routeā€
  • ā€¦

We both have android but not the same devicesā€¦will check later on if location service is the same, mine states Android, not Googleā€¦