Chrome Windows 10 Waypoint & Viapoint Naming & Distances fault May 2023

Will do and I’ll reboot as I’ve just noticed an issue with another browser app.

Report back soon

Cache clear makes no difference.

In the example you posted back if you click on 12 do the distances underlined change or stay the same each time you roll forward ?


Ah … ok. I thought the main problem was the waypoint number with the name assignment.

However, I do not understand what you mean exactly… There is a difference of 126 km between WP 10 and WP 11, and 96.73 km between WP 11 and WP 12. This seems to be correct.

Can you explain the problem in more detail…

True. Now click on 12 to make it the centre point with 11 to the left and 13 to the right - the distance are not changing for me.

This is new behaviour in the last 10 days. The new Point will come into focus on the map but the distance remain as per the first loaded set.



and now I’m getting some abnormal labelling 222km_abbr/ - like a partial HTML tag

I’ll try a reboot

These are my results.

Please empty the cache with CTRL + R …

Ok, thanks for the support as it is now working well.

A Cache clean was done and it was not sufficient.

I did a Shut Down / Restart which included a minor Windows 10 update and now service appears to have returned to normal.


So the same behaviour is happening again after I loaded a route to tune up a few stops.

This time when I moved the first Viapoint to a new location I get an error that suggests I am no longer a Kurviger Tourer subscriber

I have log out and back in multiple times

I have also run the Kurviger Error Diagnostic

Is Kurviger in a Chrome Browser on Windows 10 capable of running multiple instance, that is I have 3 routes being planned ?


Now when I switch to English language I get a

might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.


Note on my iPad this is all working OK. So I may have an issue with Chrome

Chrome is up to date Version 113.0.5672.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I also work with Chrome and everthing is alright. I can also choose every language as well.

@boldtrn Your help is required

I will try another laptop as it seems to be a localized incident

I have tried on an older laptop and the behavior of NOT updating the Distances or Waypoint names is still happening. Also the distances do not show

Again on my iPad it is fine in Chrome

It seems that the website is not completely loaded - like seen in another thread:

Yes, this should work fine, if you clear the cache through diagnostics it can be that you have to close all tabs of Kurviger first.

Just to clarify, this is “CTRL + Shift + R”, CTRL+R is a reload, with Shift it will clear some local caches.

This screenshot is a bit weird, Kurviger is translated to Curvy, have you enabled the automatic translation feature of Google Chrome? If yes, can you disable it to see if it fixes the issue?

1 Like

Cleared caches, rebooted and it worked for a little bit and then it reverted to the originally reported state.

For language I have noticed that each time I load Kurviger it’s default is German and asks me 1) do I want to load my previous route Ja or Nien

  1. There is a new version reload 3) There is a new version reload (twice at least)

  2. Translation failed

I also get a pop up dialogue “do you always want to translate German to English” and I select Yes BUT then the German Flag :de: symbol stills displays and I have to selected English :england:

This is on Chrome browser on Windows 10 (old and new laptops) and Chrome on iPad - with Chrome on iPad the waypoint syncs and display distances correctly.

I come from 20 year Tech Support background and can usually get myself sorted out but this puzzling me. I will try Safari browser.

I see that Safari support has been discontinued for Windows !

I will try Edge on Windows 10

On my first use of Edge it was showing “Curvy” instead of “Kurviger” when both English and German languages where selected.


I logged out, closed Edge and restarted and now all functionality seems to be ok except it does not remember I like to use English and I need to select it each time. I can live with this.

Edge seems faster and I have installed the Kurviger “App” on my Taskbar.

I am certainly having issues with Chrome but I acknowledge that there are no other reports of this type of behavior so Edge for now.

All of the above issues have yesterday afternoon Sydney time appear to have been returned to what one would expect.

Perhaps some local bug but all other websites were working ok.

Hi Patrick, yesterday afternoon this behavior was no longer happening and I can now change Route names as I wish.

The only thing I did on the PC was run CC Cleaner job to clean up old temp files and other rubbish.

So glad service is back, Kurviger is great.


1 Like

Confirm this is working properly again now.


1 Like

Thanks for the update!

I wanted to provide an update in this thread as well, we have disabled the automatic translation feature in the route planning view. Chrome has detected the language of Kurviger incorrectly and did change texts, which sometimes even broke the website.