Carte Michelin

Also a Michelin online-map can be added to OsmAnd. But I guess it has little to do with Kurviger.

RouteConverter and MyRoute (I don’t know about ITN-Convter) use tiles hosted at https://map.viamichelin.com/map/mapdirect, this is the same endpoint used by Maps, city maps, road maps - ViaMichelin. I assume they received permission to use this endpoint from Michelin. If we would receive permission to do so, this can be added easily.

I tried for several hours with the Michelin support and gave up. To use this endpoint I would need permission.

I don’t know as much as possible (and legal!), But maybe see how they did it on the map repository for OsmAnd: AnyGIS | Online maps pack .
This is a very rich collection of online maps - including the one discussed here, Michelin.

EDIT: To be clear, this source is officially referred to by the creators of OsmAnd in this post: OsmAnd - Offline Mobile Maps and Navigation

The how is easy. It is about legal and also about courtesy.

First of all, when you use a service that you don’t have permission, you might have a legal issue. It’s probably not worth the trouble to create any legal action for something like that.

One comparison might be if you use the bathroom of a restaurant where you don’t eat / drink. Then it’s courtesy to ask before using it and maybe give a tip.

To further build on this example I might be the shop next door to the restaurant and every time one of my customers is looking for the bathroom I point them to the restaurant next doors, without checking with the restaurant first.

I assume they received permission to use this endpoint, so they can use it without a problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the illustrative explanation. It is very universal and applies to every area of ​​our life. The rest of it is completely in line with the values ​​that I apply it myself in my life :slight_smile:

Hi,

i’ve been using Kurviger (pro) for 2 years now and i think it rocks. I use it mostly to create a route, typically the night before. I then push the route to the satnav (via gpx, and otg cable)

Allthough i like Mapilion maps, i do like the Michelin maps better. Especially their ‘green highlight’ for intersting roads.

Tyre/Myroute does have Michelin available as a map

Is it possible that Kurviger gets support for Michelin too? This is particulary useful for the mobile app since i don’t usually take my laptop with me on trips.

Joost

1 Like

Pricing - ViaMichelin Api:
https://api.viamichelin.com/tarifs/

I don’t know about pricing, but even it’s not free, neither is Kurviger Pro :wink:

As for raster images vs vector: i don’t know what they use. But i also don’t care, because the only thing i’m interested in is how Michelin displays maps and marks interesting/scenic routes.

Hi, indeed it would be really great to have Michelin maps in. I also use myroute app, they offer Michelin maps and this really adds value with ‘green’ routes.

@boldtrn , @devemux86 : Perhaps this thread and the thread Carte Michelin should be merged…
Nevertheless: I would appreciate Michelin maps in Kurviger, because I like the map view very much - but as Robin already mentioned in the other thread, it seems not to be so easy …

2 Likes

Whether it is allowed to be used or not, @boldtrn answered above.

If it is not a vector map, but only bitmap tiles, then it seems more useful on desktop.

On high resolution mobile screens it will be blurry with poor readability.
(like all bitmap maps)

1 Like

j ’ ai beaucoup d ’ amis qui utiliseraient Kurviger si cartes Michelin , pour le moment leur préférences va toujours encore vers ITNConverter qui utilise les Cartes Michelin.

Calimoto hat übrigens eine ähnliche Anzeige von schönen Strecken:

Hello,

I really like to layout of Michelin Maps to plan my motorcycle routes, so therefore the question if it would make sense or would be possible to implement the Michelin MAP in the Web planer?

thanks
Markus

1 Like

Je me permet de relancer le sujet
en fait l ’ apport de carte Michelin permettrait de faire un grand bon en avant pour Kurviger

I am happy to look into Michelin again, the last time, they did not offer an api that we could integrate into Kurviger. They do have an API, but is pretty locked down on their own product.

1 Like

As it appears, Michelin hasn’t updated their API - so as it stands right now, it seems we can’t integrate their services :frowning:.

Hello
je relance le sujet , je sais que c ‘est problématique pour vous de pouvoir utiliser le fond de carte Michelin , mais je viens de me rendre compte qu’ un logiciel comme ItnCnoc de Benichou utilise non pas Michelin mais Plan ViaMichelin qui montre les routes vertes découvertes de Michelin
Peut être une solution ?

From our side my last statement is still valid. If there was a way for us to use the Michelin map, I don’t see a reason why we shouldn’t add it. That said, I don’t see any updates for their API (last update is from 2019 as far as I can see). I don’t know how Benichou is using Michelin and what agreements they have with Michelin. The last time I tried to arrange something with Michelin I talked to a lot of different people from their support and in the end did not accomplish anything.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Which map to chooes