Carte Michelin

il y a t 'il possibilité un jour de disposer de fond de carte Michelin

Cordialement

2 Likes

Würde ich auch begrüßen!

I would like that as well. I have contacted Michelin several times about this with no luck. I wasted a few hours with their support.

So if anyone has a good contact at Michelin and would be able to connect me to the right person at Michelin, that would be awesome.

3 Likes

What is the advantage of this card and what are its features?

It’s a nice map style and it includes the “green roads” which are scenic routes. You can have a look at it here: Maps, city maps, road maps - ViaMichelin

1 Like

From my point of view it is - especially in France - the best map!
If you switch to “Michelin map” you get a map very similar to paper map, example for Grand Canyon du Verdon:

2 Likes

The only software I know that has a Michelin map layer, is MyRoute.

Michelin Maps are also on RouteConverter and ITN-Converter

Ist mir in RouteConcerter bisher noch nicht aufgefallen:

Also a Michelin online-map can be added to OsmAnd. But I guess it has little to do with Kurviger.

RouteConverter and MyRoute (I don’t know about ITN-Convter) use tiles hosted at https://map.viamichelin.com/map/mapdirect, this is the same endpoint used by Maps, city maps, road maps - ViaMichelin. I assume they received permission to use this endpoint from Michelin. If we would receive permission to do so, this can be added easily.

I tried for several hours with the Michelin support and gave up. To use this endpoint I would need permission.

I don’t know as much as possible (and legal!), But maybe see how they did it on the map repository for OsmAnd: AnyGIS | Online maps pack .
This is a very rich collection of online maps - including the one discussed here, Michelin.

EDIT: To be clear, this source is officially referred to by the creators of OsmAnd in this post: OsmAnd - Offline Mobile Maps and Navigation

The how is easy. It is about legal and also about courtesy.

First of all, when you use a service that you don’t have permission, you might have a legal issue. It’s probably not worth the trouble to create any legal action for something like that.

One comparison might be if you use the bathroom of a restaurant where you don’t eat / drink. Then it’s courtesy to ask before using it and maybe give a tip.

To further build on this example I might be the shop next door to the restaurant and every time one of my customers is looking for the bathroom I point them to the restaurant next doors, without checking with the restaurant first.

I assume they received permission to use this endpoint, so they can use it without a problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the illustrative explanation. It is very universal and applies to every area of ​​our life. The rest of it is completely in line with the values ​​that I apply it myself in my life :slight_smile:

Hi,

i’ve been using Kurviger (pro) for 2 years now and i think it rocks. I use it mostly to create a route, typically the night before. I then push the route to the satnav (via gpx, and otg cable)

Allthough i like Mapilion maps, i do like the Michelin maps better. Especially their ‘green highlight’ for intersting roads.

Tyre/Myroute does have Michelin available as a map

Is it possible that Kurviger gets support for Michelin too? This is particulary useful for the mobile app since i don’t usually take my laptop with me on trips.

Joost

1 Like

Pricing - ViaMichelin Api:
https://api.viamichelin.com/tarifs/

I don’t know about pricing, but even it’s not free, neither is Kurviger Pro :wink:

As for raster images vs vector: i don’t know what they use. But i also don’t care, because the only thing i’m interested in is how Michelin displays maps and marks interesting/scenic routes.

Hi, indeed it would be really great to have Michelin maps in. I also use myroute app, they offer Michelin maps and this really adds value with ‘green’ routes.

@boldtrn , @devemux86 : Perhaps this thread and the thread Carte Michelin should be merged…
Nevertheless: I would appreciate Michelin maps in Kurviger, because I like the map view very much - but as Robin already mentioned in the other thread, it seems not to be so easy …

2 Likes

Whether it is allowed to be used or not, @boldtrn answered above.

If it is not a vector map, but only bitmap tiles, then it seems more useful on desktop.

On high resolution mobile screens it will be blurry with poor readability.
(like all bitmap maps)

1 Like