Bad street surface - How can it named in OSM?

Every time I plan a trip in my area, Kurviger always create a route with a really bad street surface. I did check this street today once more and these are the facts:

• 4,5 km curvy small street
  • maximum speed: 100 km/h, driveable speed 30 - 45 km/h
  • many small bumps
  • holes
  • forest area

Here are two pics ot this street:

This is the area:

Now to my train of thougths:

If there is a possibility to markable such streets in OSM and Kurviger could “read” such details in planning mode, every trip could be much better for everyone.

I already talked about this to @Patrick and he allowed me to publish his answer.

“Auch so, wie ich die Straße sehe, ist highway=secondary glaube ich schon die richtige Bezeichnung für den „Typ“ der Straße. Ich glaube nicht, dass wir das in highway=track ändern können, das ist eine relativ große Verbindungsstraße zwischen den Orten und Track passt da nicht

Ich würde sagen, wir folgende machens: wir splitten die Linie an den Stellen, wo es richtig übel wird, und stellen dort sterben smoothness=bad. Das ist eine Aussage über die Qualität der Straße, das sieht im openstreetmap.org -Editor zB so aus:

Bild

robuste Räder“ stellt das Attribut dann auf „schlecht

Somit könnten wir klar aufzeigen, wo die Löcher sind. Ich glaube, das ist die korrekteste - wenn auch leider aufwändigste - Variante”

So… what do you think how can we make an entry in OSM?

@boldtrn & @devemux86 : How could it work with Kurviger?

Looking forward to any ideas and suggestions… :wink:

1 Like

Also ich finde die Straße nach den Bilder nicht besonders schlimm und ich mag solche kleinen nicht perfekten Nebenstraßen.

Für Rennräder könnte es dort aber gefährlich sein zu fahren.

Was soll dann Kurviger damit machen wenn die Straße besonders gekennzeichnet ist?

The possibility that the rider can change the route manually.

Maybe the same like to speed limits or “blocked roads”.

You can try to add smoothness in OSM, but no guarantee that this will change the routing, it might though, depending on the other roads, where you place waypoints, etc.

2 Likes

Very interesting to have a confirmation that Kurviger respects smoothness. I will try to remember to set that value when editing OSM from now on

2 Likes

Du möchtest also nur eine Anzeige haben, um dann manuell diesen Bereich zu umfahren?

exactly …

1 Like