Back to route

Thank you, last question; you are talking about waypoints, correct, and not shaping points…how do I create waypoints on a route I either made as a roundtrip on my phone, or via Kurviger online? And how may waypoints would you usually suggest lets say on a route/roundtrip of 200 km…Thanks!

https://docs.kurviger.de/start?id=general/definitions#route_waypoints_instruction_points

1 Like

thanks, but is it waypoints or shaping points? I believe a waypoint is a hard point, correct, and a shaping point isnt…thanks for letting me know, so should I create shaping points or waypoints, and if waypoint how do I create these?

Waypoint is the general name.
Basically there are two types of waypoints.

• Via Point (for places you want to stop)
  • Shaping point. (to push the route in a specific direction)

For routing they are treated equally in Kurviger.

3 Likes

With your waypoints (either via-point or shaping-point) you fix the route. As long as you stay on the route the number of WPs is irrelevant.
Now, think what is happening, if you deviate from the route (e.g. because of a road closure):
The algorithm calculates a new route to the next WP.

1. The more WPs you have, the closer the result will be to the original route.
  2. On the other hand, with more WPs you loose flexibility to go around road closures.

So 10-20 WPs for your 200km example is a compromise between “keep your original route” and the felxibilty to “calculate a new route” around a road closure.

1 Like