Back Button for Overlays

Navigate back in the app

Would is be useful and possible to make the whole text working as link? Currently the red marked area must be pressed to navigate in the app. I think it would be super comfortable if also the text or the whole line could be clicked.

2 Likes

Interesting idea, thanks for the proposal. I moved this to a separate thread.

I am actually note 100% sure. I guess there are two different options, we can make the area around the back arrow larger to click, right now it might be a bit small.

The alternative would be to go back when clicking on the text as well. I am not sure if this is very natural? Are other apps doing it like that? I checked a few apps and only the back arrow is clickable.

1 Like

I think that would be the same behaviour as when using a <label> element in HTML, which groups an β€œaction” element and a description text.
So - from my point of view - this is very natural, I was thinking about proposing that at other places of the GUI.

2 Likes

I just checked some apps on my phone.
Yes, the clickable areas are in general larger, what already could be sufficient.

Some apps use an arrow ← instead of just β€œ<”, which makes the area larger. Others use a quite big β€œX” to close. I found one app for now - Aqua Mail - current email can be closes by back or just pressing the header line. Very intuituve and fast.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, so this is something we should probably have a look at :+1:

1 Like

Quick update on this topic, with the Kurviger App v3.0.5, the click area for the < has been increased, so it should be a lot easier to handle now.

1 Like