Application restarts when (dis)connect bluetooth device

If its a problem with the bluetooth device, how can i solve this issue?

What device is that?
Have you tried without that device to see if it works correctly?

No currently not, oh and i forgot that i also activated Wunderlinq as external device. Will turn it off and try again. Next trip is planned on Thursday. I will check this and give you a report afterwards.

Thanks for your quick response. :+1: :blush:

1 Like

Please disable all those external devices also in app settings to make more tests. :slightly_smiling_face:

Found out, that disabling the WunderLINQ device in Bluetooth Settings solves the Problem. Will contact the WunderLINQ Team if they can help me
Regards,
Rüdiger

Seems to be that this is the same problem. WunderLINQ developer says this must be a problem with kurviger. Other navigation Apps do not have that navigation stop issue. Tested it with OsmAnd no Problem there

Kurviger users have reported that WunderLINQ works fine with their devices.

Like other apps, we use the onKeyUp method according to their instructions.

But there seems to be an issue somewhere. Something must happen when the Bluetooth Device, which is configured in Bluetooth as Input device, connects and disconnects. Tested it with 2 Andoid devices with Android 9, same issue. I guess it is not the Zooming but more or less the connect and disconnect of the input device. Also tested it with OSMAnd, no issue.
Do you declare that you handle the connect disconnect events of a BT-Device by your self : Android will reinitialize an app when the BT keyboard connection status changes, but apps can declare to Android that the app will handle the event itself and therefore avoid the reload.

Do you mean the android:configChanges, which one?

Nothing related has changed recently, so the app should work like all previous versions.

Then navigation doesn’t stop like the initial report mentions,
but application restarts when (dis)connect external devices.
Is this really the case?

Navigation stops when BT device is connected or disconnected. I was wondering why other users do not experience any problems with WunderLINQ.

1 Like

More plausible seems to restart the application (easy to see).
(and looks like the navigation stops)

So far android:configChanges includes the keyboardHidden flag.
I can add the “keyboard” too and we’ll see if that solves the case.

If that flag helps, i will test itfor you.
I tested it on 4 devices : Samsung Galaxy Tab A, XIAOMI Redmi Note 5, XIAOMI Redmi Note 8, Blackview BV550 Pro. Its does not make any difference if Kurviger is in foreground or background.
Also it does not make any difference if WunderLINQ is set as external device in Kurviger or not. Navigation is stopped in each case when WunderLINQ is connected/disconnected via BT.
Call me, if i can do further investigations in the issue,

Could be that WunderLINQ or other devices do something different in bluetooth connection.

Because all these years we had never seen any issues or reports with all other BT devices.

I also use a Bluetooth Headset which causes no issue on connect/disconnect. Could this happen for devices of type input device only?

Good to have another voice regarding this issue. Recognize the same behavior with bluetooth connect and disconnect. I’m happy to test your idea Devemux86!

Available in Kurviger 1.13.15 (Beta).

1 Like

Hi @devemux86,
just tested the new Beta-Version. The problem with connect/disconnect of WunderlINQ is solved.
The flag in android.config did the job.

Thanks for the quick fix. :+1: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi @devemux86
tested 1.13.15 with media button; issue solved :star_struck: :+1:
Thanks a Lot!

1 Like

Solved in Kurviger 1.13.17.