App: Zoom with bluetooth remote control

Hi!

A proposal to the developer team:
There are many bluetooth remote controls (normally for media control, Play, Stop, Forward, Rewind) on the market for Android devices.

It would be a great thing, if a standard remote control can manipulate the zoom level while driving.
I know this feature from a BMW motorbike and it is great!

Is it possible to implement such thing into the kurviger app?

Thanks for the proposal.

Indeed we could support some “standard” control system.
It’s more difficult to work with each custom implementation.

And common gestures can be probably matched, like zoom.
Complicated ones like menu traversal is not straightforward.

In the map settings you can activate “Zoom with volume keys” to be able to zoom with the hardware keys of your phone (if it has any) and not being forced to use the touchscreen. Maybe not as perfect as an additional controller but nevertheless useful.

2 Likes

Also there are 5+1 different ways to zoom the map, can have a look at relevant documentation:

https://docs.kurviger.de/app/faq/map_gestures

Yes, but it is nearly impossible to do the gestures with gloves…

Support of zoom in/zoom out with two keys would be a good thing to start with.
Maybe the function “Zoom with volume keys” is already doing what I want. I will check this…

Die Bluetooth Fernbedienung funktioniert zum zoomen sehr gut.Nur sollte es beim navigieren nach einer gewissen Zeit (vielleicht 30bis 60sec) automatisch in das Navi Programm zurücksetzen.Im Augenblick muss man den Navi Pfeil drücken ,das geht während der Fahrt nicht.
MfG Fritz

Die Bluetooth Fernbedienung funktioniert während der Fahrt sehr gut.
Nur mĂĽsste das Programm nach einer gewissen Zeit ca.30bis 60sec in das Navi Programm zurĂĽckschalten.mfg Fritz

Navigation auto zooms automatically (if auto zoom is enabled) after 10",
from the last zoom change by user with any of available zoom methods.

You can test already the following feature with Kurviger 1.13.16 (Beta).

I use a small Bluetooth remote from Pearl Bluetooth Remote.
With 1.13.9 beta it works only with activated “Zoom with volume keys”. Any recommendations about the setting in “External input device”?

Br Sabu

Do you mean that if activate “Zoom with volume keys” option,
then the Bluetooth remote control can zoom in / out the map?

That feature works with keyboard codes.

If any remote control is compatible with those standards, then it could work.

Correct. +/- Zooms in and out.

Ok. So for this device I leave it to “none”

But there is a gremlin; When I start navigation, from time to time the navigation mode stops (location arrow is disappearing). This happened shortly after autozoom was working or when I zoomed out with the bluetooth device. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a clear case to repeat this issue. But it happened within the first 5 min at least 3 times.

Br Sabu

So that remote control seems being mapped only to volume keys.

Is that related with the “bluetooth remote control” subject that is discussed here?

If it’s about device’s battery optimization, please create a new topic for discussion.

I assume this issue is related to “zoom with volume keys” activated and bluetooth device. As soon as I’ve deactivated “zoom mit volume keys” this problem doesn’t happened.

If location marker does not appear in your position, then GPS does not report anything.

Navigation is stopped when its icon is white.

Those are 2 different things, what exactly do you mean?

Sorry for being not precise enough. Navigation icon color switches from blue to white.

That’s strange, navigation can be ended by user or when reach destination.

Ich habe die Funktionen mit Lautsprechertaste und Buetooth Fernbedienung getestet.Mit Lautsprechertaste funktioniert es super.
Mit Buetooth FB ist es folgendermaßen, die B F.aktiviert sich erst nach der ersten Tastenbetätigung und deaktiviert sich nach einer gewissen Ruhezeit und jedes mal beim aktivieren und deaktivieren schaltet sich das Routing aus und muss unten links mit der Pfeiltaste aktiviert werden
MfG Fritz

I’ve done further tests today:

Setting: Route loaded, driving, navigation active (navigation button Is blue).
1 ) Zoom with volume keys activated, Bluetooth device connected.

• Zoom in / out with hardware buttons: no immediate issues
  • Zoom out with bluetooth device: navigation inactive after some seconds (navigation button is white). Restart navigation mode (navigation button blue). Navigation mode stops from time to time

Setting: No route, following mode
Exact the same behavior as above. As soon as I zoom out with bluetooth device, following mode switches off.

I hope this helps to hunt the gremlin :slight_smile:

Br Sabu