App: Waypoint types

It will be available in next version.

That solves also the case of import old routes with many unnamed via points.

3 Likes

[de] Ich finde es toll, wie die app sich entwickelt!
Ich habe ein paar Anmerkungen und Ideen zu den Formpunkten (shaping points), die ich gerne zur Diskussion stelle:

• es wäre in manchen Situationen hilfreich, wenn die Formpunkte nummeriert wären. Zum Beispiel dann, wenn man in der Wegpunktliste einen Formpunkt nach oben oder unten verschieben möchte.
  • Auf der Karte sind die Wegpunkte nummeriert, in der Wegpunktliste jedoch nicht, wenn ich die Bezeichnung geändert habe. Es wäre auch hier praktisch, wenn in der Wegpunktliste zusätzlich zur Bezeichnung auch die Nummerierung hinzugefügt würde.
  • Die Formpunkte könnten gerne etwas kleiner sein.

[en] I love how the app is developing!
I have a few comments and ideas about the shaping points that I would like to discuss:

• it would be helpful in some situations if the shaping points were numbered. For example if you want to move a shaping point up or down in the waypoint list.
  • On the map the waypoints are numbered, but not in the waypoint list, if I have changed the name. It would also be practical here if the numbering was added to the waypoint list in addition to the name.
  • The shapingpoints could be a little smaller.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Shaping points are meant to be handled on the map.

Most engines (Google, HERE) don’t show them in waypoints list.
Kurviger is probably the only app instead of not show them at all.

Numbers are placeholders, i.e. auto generated names.
In a list their order is obvious and name is their identity.

That could make touch gestures on them very difficult.

Das mag sein. Aber Basecamp z.B. zeigt sie an und nummeriert sie auch:
2020-04-21_151716
So fällt die Identifizierung leichter, wenn man Punkte tauschen möchte. Aber das ist wirklich kein großes Problem, war nur ein Gedanke, der mir beim Bearbeiten einer Route gekommen ist.

That may be so. But Basecamp, for example, displays and numbers them.
This makes identification easier when you want to exchange points. But that’s really not a big problem, was just a thought that came to me when editing a route.

Is that the waypoints list (where can reorder them) or the turn instructions list?

Available in Kurviger 1.13.16 (Beta).

Via point numbers can appear in waypoints list too, along with their names.

I could show also shaping point numbers. Then all waypoints (via + shaping) will have a common numbering (like happens in other apps), which seems more convenient(?).

2 Likes

Next version will have improved numbering in map symbols and waypoints list:

4 Likes

Ich hoffe bei den vielen Wegpunkte-Themen bin ich hier richtig. :slightly_smiling_face: Ich bin heute wieder eine Tour gefahren und es kamen wieder die Koordinaten als Ansage statt Wegpunkt 1. Die Grunddatei für meine Route war t13170858_gruener ring leipzig.gpx (495,3 KB) . Diese habe ich auf kurviger.de hochgeladen und mir die Route angepasst https://kurv.gr/ZSLXv. Dann wie gehabt über exportieren in Google Drive verschoben und dort mit der Kurviger-App geöffnet. Ich dachte gelesen zu haben das keine Ansagen mehr erfolgen, wenn nur Koordinaten drinstehen oder das die Punkte automatisch mit Wegpunkt 1 und folgend benannt werden? Oder habe ich da etwas falsch verstanden? :thinking: Kurviger Pro 1.13.5, Android 10 (API 29), HUAWEI PCT-L29, 1080 x 2310 (480 dpi)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I hope I’m in the right place with the many waypoint topics. :slightly_smiling_face: I did another tour today and again the coordinates were announced instead of waypoint 1. The basic file for my route was t13170858_gruener ring leipzig.gpx (495,3 KB) . I have uploaded these on kurviger.de and adapted the route https://kurv.gr/ZSLXv. Then I moved it to Google Drive via export and opened it with the Kurviger app. I thought I read that there are no more announcements if there are only coordinates or that the points are automatically named with waypoint 1 and following? Or did I misunderstand something? :thinking: Kurviger Pro 1.13.5, Android 10 (API 29), HUAWEI PCT-L29, 1080 x 2310 (480 dpi)

In app can suppress waypoint instructions with one of several ways:

• Disable the waypoint instructions setting
  • Change via points to shaping points
  • Remove names from via points

Regarding website’s export of waypoint names, see the related discussion:

@devemux86 Danke, in der App habe ich aus jedem zweiten Wegpunkt einen Formpunkt gemacht. Da kam keine Ansage, das klappt. :+1: Mit dem Deaktivieren bin ich mir gerade unsicher. Würden dann gewollte Wegpunkte wie Pause oder Schloss noch angesagt werden? :thinking: Die Diskussion verfolge ich, soweit es mein Englisch bzw. der Google Übersetzer es zulässt. :sweat_smile: Das entfernen des Namens funktioniert nur in der App, wenn ich es richtig sehe? Teste ich auf der nächsten Tour. :slightly_smiling_face:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
@devemux86 Thanks, in the app I made a shape point out of every second waypoint. There was no announcement, that works. :+1: I’m not sure about deactivating it. Would you still announce wanted waypoints like break or lock? :thinking: I follow the discussion as far as my English or the Google translator allows it. :sweat_smile: Removing the name only works in the app if I see it correctly? I will test it on the next tour. :slightly_smiling_face:

To have waypoint instructions would need all together:

• Enable the waypoint instructions setting
  • Use via points (no shaping points)
  • Add names on via points
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Rerouting question

That means, that " Einstellungen / Routenberechnung / Wegpunkte in Anweisungen" only affects waypoints with names?

That’s correct.

At the start I implemented them differently (like most routers?):

• All via points participate in turn instructions / navigation
  • Only shaping points do not participate / alert for arrival

But community asked only the named via points to alert for arrival.
Because there are some external imports that set unneeded names in via points causing problems.

Since there is the “Waypoints in instructions” option in settings, is that the best decision?
Certainly it’s more flexible.

1 Like

And I’m not sure about one point in 1.13.9:

When rerouting with setting “next waypoint”, shaping points located before this next waypoint are disregarded and can be automatically omitted. Correct?

That’s correct, see also the related discussion above.

1 Like

Yes, see also this explanation:

That’s why I don’t use shaping points.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s exactly why I plan to do in future:

1. no shaping points

2. points to be driven through where I do not need any turning instructions, but which should stay on the route: unnamed visit points

3. for real intermediate destinations, for which I would like to have turn instructions: named visit-points

1 Like

And this is, why there should be changed anything! I tried to give the reason in my post you refer to. There i mentionened:

At rerouting there are situations where this is not good and the advantage of shaping points can’t be used!

It should be possible to consider shaping points at rerouting!

Why? One point is: To use shaping points in the route with there marking which is not so dominant than the marking of waypoints.

In my post I had an example where I tried to describe this.

To come back to this thread (waypoint types):
We should try to use the advantages of the type shaping point!

1 Like