App: Switch to pay-as-you-go licensing

Hello from France,

I am newbies with Kurviger Pro 1.14 and I would like to know if I must pay another licence for Kurviger 2
I read different informations inside this forum and it’s not clear for me.
And top of that congratulation for this application who is’t the best for my using :wink:
I test differents applications as Osmand, Liberty Rider, Here WeGo, AmiGo, Waze… and Kurviger is the best :v:

2 Likes

Thank you for purchasing Kurviger Pro, you can keep using it in the future.
We will maintain and update it for you, so that it runs on the new Androids.

Kurviger 2 is a separate app with extra features as subscription (with free trial).
(all new features apply to Kurviger 2)

Please see the above announcement for more details.

A comparison / overview of Kurviger features exists in documentation.

I just bought Kurviger then the other day it’s announced they are going to start yearly payment. The main reason I bought and I would have been happy to pay more was it’s very good but also I really hate keep pay pay pay.

What is everyone’s thoughts

See here:

Please see above:

I agree but would rather pay a one off fee. All these companies we now need to pay for is getting out of control

So what is the amount of money you would be willing to invest in keeping this fine app (assuming you like it and you use it)?

I would also prefer to pay only once but then…

One last thing that most users seem to forget…

There are also many servers that work for you: routing, maps, forum, etc.
They can not be paid with air, flowers, one-time purchases or donations!

The model Free/Pro is no longer sustainable, for further development, third party services,
maintenance, hosting, servers, etc.
If we continue with it, Kurviger will stop to exist. Therefore we introduced the subscriptions.

We respect that some of you might not like subscriptions.
You may continue using Kurviger 1 Pro.
(it will be maintained for new Androids)

2 Likes

I’m sure we all understand your plight but perhaps you should have done costings and charged accordingly give a choice of one time payment or annual fee. I will not argue that your app is one of the best . Perhaps asking your customer base would have been a good idea. I know you may gain some but loose some perhaps more than you think and that also will destroy you I know if I had realised you were going to do annual fee I would have used other and not bought your app. Beside that there are many glitches like sending you in a completely wrong way or closed roads that don’t exist. I’m in Malaysia and none of these fancy apps really cover these areas properly. Also I’m in the minority when 8t comes to touring so coverage from other bikers is minimal. In the UK people aknowledge with a nod another bike . Here no one does .

This has been done - just read this thread from beginning, and you will see, that this discussion started in July 2018! So - from my point of view - your post gives no new arguments.
Everything has been said already - but not yet from everyone :wink:

Might be caused by wrong OSM data, perhaps the use of OSM in malaysia is not as widely spread as in Europe (you could correct OSM bugs / add OSM data yourself …).

6 Likes