[App] Roadmap for the New Kurviger App | Fahrplan für die neue Kurviger App

[Den deutschen Text findest du weiter unten]

Today I am excited to share the roadmap for relaunching the Kurviger App with you. I know many of you were quite surprised to hear that Emux decided to stop working with Kurviger and pursue other projects. But as promised, there is a way forward, and no one will be left behind. This is a really exciting time for us and there is much to look forward to.

Goals for the new Kurviger App

Bring the website and app closer together. This includes many often requested features like cloud sync or shared subscriptions that work in the app and website. But this also means that the website and app will share usage concepts, visual styles, and more to make it easy to use one platform, when you already know the other platform.

Simple, yet powerful. We want to make using the Kurviger ecosystem as easy as possible. So we are looking at reducing complexity where possible. That said, the core functionality should work easily out of the box and should be adjustable to your needs.

Make the switch as seamless as possible. We will offer an option to transfer your existing subscription to the new app, so you can use both apps in parallel and switch to the new app when you feel comfortable. In the beginning there will be a phase where the new app will be offered completely for free, so you have the time to test the new app easily.

Open the path for cool new features in the future. We’re not making any promises on the timeline at this point, but you can expect some super cool stuff in the future, like an iOS App. We hope you can get excited with us for what is to come :slight_smile:.

To give you an idea of the things we are working on:

FAQ

What does this mean for the website?
The website will continue to work, as you are used to.

What happens with existing Kurviger Pro subscriptions and Kurviger 1 (Pro)?
You will be able to use your existing subscription, but it won’t be renewed. Kurviger 1 (Pro) continues to be available only for users who previously bought the app.

What does this mean for the routing?
The routing servers will continue to work as you are used to and will be calculating the curviest and best routes for your rides.

Will there be a shared subscription between app and website?
Yes there will be an option to use the same subscription on the website and app.

Will the new app have the same features as the current Kurviger 2 app?
We will absolutely deliver core features from the start, like:

• Routeplanning
  • Voice guided, turn-by-turn navigation
  • Cloud Sync

There is a lot of work ahead, so in the beginning we are focusing on the essential features. We’re already hard at work. We will be sharing more information with you over the next weeks. Stay tuned for some developer insights in the “Community” category of this forum coming soon- exciting times lie ahead!

If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know.

Ich freue mich mit euch heute den Fahrplan für den Relaunch der Kurviger App zu teilen. I weiß, dass viele von euch überrascht waren, als Anfang der Woche die Nachricht von Emux kam, dass er entschieden hat seine Arbeit an der Kurviger App einzustellen und andere Projekte verfolgen möchte. Wie versprochen geht es bei Kurviger weiter und keiner wird im Regen stehen gelassen. Das ist eine spannende Zeit und es gibt viele neue Dinge auf die wir uns freuen können.

Ziele für die neue Kurviger App

Die Webseite und App sollen näher zusammen rücken. Damit sind viele oft angefragte Funktionen wie die Cloud Synchronisation oder Abos die auf beiden Systemen funktionieren gemeint. Das bedeutet zusätzlich, dass die App und Webseite ähnliche Bedien- und Design-Konzepte verwenden um die Nutzung einer Platform leichter zu machen, wenn man die andere Platform bereits kennt.

Einfach, aber reich an Funktion. Wir wollen das Kurviger Ökosystem so einfach nutzbar wie möglich machen. Wir planen die Komplexität zu verringern. Die Grundfunktionen sollen Standardmäßig direkt funktionieren und bei Bedarf anpassbar sein.

Der Wechsel soll möglichst Reibungslos verlaufen. Wir werden die Option anbieten ein bestehendes Abo in die neue App zu übertragen, damit kannst du beide Apps parallel einsetzen und zur neuen App wechseln, wenn es für dich passt. Zu Beginn wird die neue App kostenlos zur Verfügung stehen, damit ihr Zeit habt die App komplett ohne Risiko und Aufwand zu testen.

Spannede Optionen für die Zukunft. Wir wollen jetzt natürlich nicht zu viel Versprechen, aber in Zukunft sind coole neue Funktionen und Projekte geplant, wie z.B. eine iOS App. Hier können wir natürlich noch keine Zeitschiene nennen. Wir hoffen dass ihr genauso wie wir gespannt in die Zukunft blickt :slight_smile:.

Um euch einen kleinen Einblick in die Dinge zu geben an denen wir gerade so arbeiten:

FAQ

Was bedeutet das für die Webseite?
Die Webseite wird weiterhin wie gewohnt zur Verfügung stehen.

Was passiert mit bestehenden Kurviger Pro Abos und Kurviger 1 (Pro)?
Das Kurviger Pro Abo wird sich nicht mehr verlängern, aber du kannst die Funktionen deines Abos bis zum Ende des Abos weiterhin nutzen. Kurviger 1 (Pro) bleibt für ehemalige Käufer weiterhin bestehen.

Was bedeutet das für die Routenberechnung?
Die Routen-Server werden weiterhin wie gewohnt funktionieren und die kurvigsten und schönsten Routen für dich berechnen.

Wird es ein gemeinsames Abo für die Webseite und App geben?
Ja es wird die Option für ein gemeinsames Abo geben.

Wird die neue App die selben Funktionen wie die Kurviger 2 App bieten?
Wir werden die wichtigsten Basisfunktionen von Beginn an anbieten, wie:

• Routenplanung
  • Sprachgeführte Navigation
  • Cloud Synchronisation

Uns steht noch viel Arbeit bevor. Wir werden uns am Anfang um die Grundfunktionen kümmern und geben bereits ordentlich Gas. Wir werden in den nächsten Wochen weitere Informationen und Updates liefern, schaut dazu auch mal in der “Community” Kategorie hier im Forum vorbei, hier werden wir Hintergrund-Informationen zur Entwicklung liefern. Wir freuen uns auf das was vor uns liegt.

Solltet ihr Fragen oder Feedback haben, lasst es uns wissen.

25 Likes

Good news.

2 Likes

Hello,
Very good news, but i need to make an important remark: I don’t think aligning the visuals and concept of the website with the App is such a good way forward. Looking at the examples you show it seems you lose a lot of the route visual for information which, to me, belongs in an underlying screen. The smartphone is just not big enough.
Personally I don’t use the website because I find the app more user friendly to plan. Extremely good visuals. For me easier then the website. It would be sad to see this shortened to half the screen.
I do all the planning (average 9 days to the Alps, including off road) via the app only: works like a charm and is very self
explanatory.
I hope I’m misreading your post on what the future will be, but you did ask for feedback :wink:
Anyway, thanks for the fantastic work and not letting us down.
Kind regards
Luc

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s quite right. I see on the screenshot a button with arrow down and arrow up. I guess that you can disable the “disturbing” windows. So the whole display would be present for one route.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I should have added a screenshot of the fullscreen version :slight_smile:.

This is exactly right :slight_smile:.

So you can change how much of the map is visible. That said, the screenshots show just an early preview, so there will be constant improvement :+1:

Hey, das sieht doch schon mal gut aus. :+1: 3D Ansicht und Steuerung mit dem WunderlinQ werden dann ja bestimmt auch bald hier zu sehen sein. @boldtrn setzt du dich mit @Keith_Conger in Verbindung wegen der Anbindung an das WunderlinQ und neuer Verknüpfung in der WunderlinQ App?

Excellent news!!

Praying for an iOS version soon :wink::+1:

The effort you are making so that our dear kurviger continues to live is greatly appreciated.
I dare not ask you, but I would like to know if there is any possibility that the application informs about the petrol stations that we will find on the selected route.
THANK YOU

1 Like

Super das es die kurviger app weiter geben wird :grin: Wieviel Leute werden an der App in Zukunft arbeiten. Ich denke für einen ist das wohl zuviel Arbeit. ( Web Und App Version )

1 Like

Thanks Robin! Looks great.
If it has the features of the current kurviger App (like max allowed speed and so) I’ll be a very happy man. I believe you are already more than aware of our wishes like distance to the next petrol station on the route and so. So I’ll leave them as such. Whatever is not yet in kurviger is not the priority for the new kurviger i’d say. I’m sure the future will tell. Thanks again!

Will offline maps be available from the start?

Thank you very much for your great feedback. I just want to mention, that at first, we will be focusing on the core features.

We are planning on adding many cool features in the future and we have a lot planned.

Eine Steuerung mit WunderlinQ ist geplant, ja :+1:

Something like this is planned in the future, yes.

Dazu wird es in den nächsten Wochen, genauere Informationen geben :slight_smile: - ich werde auf jeden Fall nicht alles allein machen, das wäre zu viel Arbeit.

Thanks for the trust :+1: - yes I think we have an idea of many of the requested features and we will be sharing more details in the coming weeks.

Offline maps are one of the most important features for us. So either they are available from the start or very shortly after that.

3 Likes

It’s good news that work is starting with the new APP, but for me the initial basis should be the way the APP is right now, that is, it should be more like the current APP and not the WEB format.

Like this:

2 Likes

Perhaps Robin can add a screenshot of navigation view. When still not available perhaps a fake with a remark similar to “Navigation view coming soon”.

EDIT: To save Robins time for making a fake: Robin you can use the modified screenshot:

2 Likes

If someone creates something new, it shouldn’t necessarily tie in with an old format, because then it would just be taking over a base that may not be anything new at all.

We all should not resist the new and the basic idea that the APP is reminiscent of the web version also means that it is really Kurviger. I like this idea of Robin.

I am very curious how this idea will be implemented in a, hopefully great concept.

3 Likes

Kurviger-App und Kurviger-Web Design verschmelzen zu einer Anwendung. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Let’s wait and see how the new kurviger app will look, I’m convinced that it will be quite good.
I’ll hold back with my requests until the release, the basic functions should work, then we’ll see.

Hopefully not too many (for me) unnecessary functions. That’s what made me switch from calimoto to kurviger. :wink:

2 Likes

To clarify, the goal is not to copy the current app.

There will be a navigation view included from the start. I haven’t shared a screenshot of the navigation view, because it it has not yet been optimised and I didn’t want to create any confusion. We will be sharing more information on this in the future.

Thanks @WalterG. We will be sharing a screenshot for the navigation in the next weeks.

As you know, we are always working very closely with everyone here on the forum, so I expect we are mostly focusing on features that are requested by many people :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Sobald die Kuviger 2 app online ist, muss man die lediglich installieren und die Kurviger 1 deinsttallieren?

Hallo Koyote

zumindest bei den jetzt aktuellen Apps können beide Versionen gut nebeneinander installiert sein. Und ich denke mal, dass das mit der kommenden Version nicht anders sein wird.

1 Like