[App] Preview to the new Kurviger App | Vorschau auf die neue Kurviger App

BRAVO!
Could you please elaborate a little about the routing principles?

• Will routing still be centralized on your servers, as it was b4?
  • Does/will the APP have an own offline routing?
  • Will the 100% consistency of routes, created on a planning device (PC) and the navigation device (phone) still be guaranteed and how is this ensured?
    Best Regards
1 Like

Great News ! Very much looking forward to pushing it to the limit :wink:
In the meantime, will installing the Beta prevent me to use the old app ??
Also I am prepared to pay more that 10€/year for this app - provided it undergoes continuous improvements.

Thanks

1 Like

We are looking into hiding this information. There are legal requirements to show this and there are certain conditions under which we can hide them. So most probably the information will be hidden after a certain time.

Yes, both platforms use the same routing server and parameters.

Currently, there is no offline routing. This is something we can consider in the future.

No you can use both apps in parallel and you can switch to the new app when you feel comfortable. We are aware that the current beta does not support all features of the old app yet.

1 Like

New Kurviger app passed my first test with no problems. The route re-calculations are fast, and the app has been stable on my first 50 km.

I think we should not talk about the desired features on this thread, is just to test the app and report new problems or other issues.

I usually use Kurviger in landscape mode and as I read I know that’s not optimized for this screen orientation. Also I assume that will be more available data on screen.

Thank’s for the effort.

2 Likes

Point taken. Absolutely valid. I travel and plan a lot. 100 days/year on tour. Using Navigon, Garmin, TomTom …in the past I completely switched to Kurviger on my Smartphone. No more hardware necessary. No more data conversion. This is valid for road trips away from highways and tourist routes. But before I start planning it is very useful to use Google Maps looking for actual street closures and traffic in high frequented places. E.g. Sella Gruppe, Stilfser Joch. I had bad situation where I was in big trouble haven’t the actual information

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: K3-Beta: Offline Karten

A post was split to a new topic: Install the Old Kurviger App

@boldtrn & @ToTo_GSA_Rider I’m here to help with WunderLINQ support in any way. Please ping me if you need anything from me.

5 Likes

Hi, as mentioned already it is great work, but it looks too much like a copy paste of the web planner. I didn’t like the web planner and planned all my routes in android kurviger. At this moment i feel quite uncomfortable with the present touch and feel, but I’ll test more when more functionalities are present. I also feel that smartphone specifics (like long press or press and move) are not used. But as said, i first need to learn again from scratch. More remarks will follow. Can you inform us on the status of the developments? I’m also missing for now the import of bookmarks and the selective download of maps.
Thanks and continue the great work

Thanks for your support and nice words!

Querformat ist noch nicht fertig, genau. Import von .kurviger Dateien geht, benötigt aber aktuell eine Internetverbindung.

Würde mich natürlich freuen, bis dahin wird sich auch nochmal einiges tun. Kannst ja mal testen und wenns nicht passt, zu Kurviger 2 wechseln.

Thanks, Keith provided us with the latest integration guide :+1:

No worries, feel free to check back in 1-2 months, by then a lot should be improved already :slight_smile:.

Sure, I will update the forum regularly when we have reached a new milestone.

Bookmarks are called Favorites in the Kurviger Cloud. You can organise them in different folders. Right now offline maps can only be downloaded for a particular route :+1:

1 Like

Hallo Keith, passt du in der WunderlinQ die Schnellauswahl an auf die neue kurviger App? Aktuell startet weder die kurviger 1 pro App noch die kurviger 2 App in der WunderlinQ App. Am besten du ersetzt die Auswahl kurviger 2 durch die neue App. Alternativ könnte man natürlich auch noch eine Auswahl kurviger einfügen.

Hi Keith, do you adjust the quick selection in the WunderlinQ to the new kurviger app? Currently neither the kurviger 1 pro app nor the kurviger 2 app starts in the WunderlinQ app. Your best bet is to replace the kurviger 2 selection with the new app. Alternatively, you could of course add a kurviger selection.

Hi @ToTo_GSA_Rider To confirm the WunderLINQ app no longer launches the previous versions of Kurviger or is it just the new beta version?

@boldtrn Is there a new launch scheme for the app?

Na, das ging ja schneller als erhofft :muscle: :slight_smile:.

Was ich mir wünsche ist ein Anleitung für ein Grundsetup der Navigationseinstellungen, mit dem ich direkt losfahren kann. Ich bin erst seit dieser Saison aktiver kurviger User und war am Anfang ein wenig genervt, wenn ich mir zuerst das komplette HowTo durchlesen muß, bevor ich starten kann. Ich hatte dann für mich sowas gebastelt, das hat Anfangs sehr geholfen. Auch gut waren die YT Videos - keep it stupid simple :wink:

Das Grundsetup sollte folgendes beinhalten:

• Anleitung zum Laden der offline Karten für die gewünschte Region (keine Ahnung, ob da auch wieder mit BRouter gearbeitet werden soll, falls ja dann bitte auch hier ein Grundsetup wählen, daß für die meisten Landstraßen funktioniert)
  • eine Basiseinstellung für Zoomstufen bei der Navigation
  • Vorauswahl der POIs (das ist soweit ich das sehen konnte schon sehr gut gelungen)
  • grundlegende Navigationsfunktionen (Wegpunkt überspringen, Tankstelle oder anderes Zwischenziel unterwegs zufügen)
  • Route aus der Cloud laden finde ich persönlich zwar nett, dennoch werde ich immer eine lokale Kopie der geplanten Route auf meinem Navi-Handy haben, falls man die ohne Netzabdeckung nochmal neu laden muß. Vielleicht eine Synchronisation mit einem lokalen Ordner innerhalb der App vorsehen?
  • 3D Ansicht beim Navigieren unbedingt ermöglichen
  • die Routeninformationen beim Navigieren sind wie schon beschrieben noch zu groß
  • Kompassfunktion zur Kartenausrichtung wäre auch schön
  • Entfernungen zum nächsten Wegpunkt/Ziel über toggle Funktion
    -…

Ich freue mich schon auf die nächsten Versionen, weiter so Männers :clap:

1 Like

Hallo @Keith_Conger , es starten die beiden vorhandenen App Versionen nicht. Alles andere kann Dir @boldtrn beantworten. Ich bin auch nur Anwender von der WunderlinQ und den kurviger Apps.

Hi @Keith_Conger it does not launch the two existing app versions. Everything else @boldtrn can answer for you. I am also only a user of the WunderlinQ and the curvier apps.

Ich habe meine Touren immer direkt am Handy geplant. Ein Riesenvorteil.
Bei der neuen App nimmt die Einblendung von Start ,Ziel Wp. einen großen Teil des Bildschirms ein was das Planen erschwert. Ich weiß, dass man die Einblendung mit den Pfeil wegblenden kann, was aber umständlich ist, da nach dem Setzen eines Wp. wieder da.
Bei der “alten” App war bei der Planung keine “störende” Einblendung vorhanden.
Lg.Helmut

2 Likes

Hi there, when can we expect an IOS version. I’m so anxious to try it !

1 Like

I will double check the launch scheme for the new app and will come back to you.

Mein Wunsch wäre, dass solch eine Anleitung in Zukunft nicht mehr nötig ist. App installieren, Route planen, los fahren.

Zusätzlich sollte es natürlich noch die Möglichkeit geben, relevante Einstellungen zu ändern, damit sich die App so verhält wie man sich das wünscht, aber die Standard-Einstellungen sollten für den Großteil passen.

Once the Android app works as expected, we will start working towards an iOS version as well.

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Neue App - Favoriten auswählen

I just tried the new app for daily drive and everything worked fine.

• I would appreciate to have more details for next advertisement, for example Autobahn Number, Autobahn exit name…

• I would be also good to have more information if the route goes straight for ~10km but not all crossings are straight. So its not 100% clear where to go.

• If go to “Favourite” choose one → choose Destination it appears at starting point not destination. Would be good if the starting point is always Position except I choose a different Point.

• Features from the old app: Would it be possible to use the old app as base to take over some features to not start from the complete beginning? Or are you not allowed the take over the app from @devemux86

Thanks for your afford and time.

Markus

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Standort wird nicht korrekt erkannt