App: Offline routing (BRouter)

Liegt wohl daran, dass die Dorfstraße für den normalen KFZ Verkehr gesperrt ist.
Für Radler und Fußgänger aber kein Problem.

Dann dürfte Kurviger Online aber da auch nicht lang routen, oder?

But then Kurviger Online shouldn’t be routing long there either, right?

Da ist was dran…

Diese Profile sind auch alle für Motorräder/KFZ angelegt (selbst das original BRouter Profil “moped.brf” funktioniert hier nicht). Direkt zu diesem Punkt (Kap Arkona) wird nur geroutet, wenn man auf ein Profil ausweicht, das eigentlich für Fährrader gedacht ist. Für solche speziellen Fälle würde ich daher einfach zusätzlich das BRouter Profil “fastbike.brf” hinterlegt lassen.

Bei mir routet das original BRouter Profil “moped.brf” zum Kap. :thinking:

With me the original BRouter profile “moped.brf” routes to the cape.

Zu dem Thema “Offroad” testen hätte ich noch ein Profil. Dieses wurde nicht von mir geschrieben bzw. bearbeitet. Denkt daran BRouter kann nicht zwischen legal/illegal unterscheiden.

enduro.brf.zip (5,0 KB)

1 Like

Sorry, Du hast natürlich Recht. Ich hatte da beim Testen mit dem BRouter Web Client wohl irgendwas falsch gemacht oder verwechselt.

Ich werde mal versuchen, mit den Zugänglichkeits-Parameters der car-basierten Profile zu experimentieren, um auch für solche Fälle ein Routing zu ermöglichen. Bislang war ich da leider noch nicht erfolgreich. Ich kenne mich dazu einfach noch zu wenig mit dem umfangreichen Möglichkeiten bei der Profilerstellung aus. Möglicherweise helfen da aber schon die Anmerkungen in dem Enduro-Profil weiter, das Du hier gepostet hast. Na mal sehen …

2 Likes

See also BRouter documentation with links for extra profiles with explanations and guides.

Ich hab mir grad mal die OSM-Daten angeschaut, die Dorfstraße ist teilweise mit access=destination angegeben. Allerdings sehr ungenau und unterschiedlich. Denke daran liegt das “Chaos”. :slightly_smiling_face:

I just looked at the OSM data, the village street is partly indicated with access=destination. But it is very inaccurate and different. That’s where the “chaos” lies. :slightly_smiling_face:

What app/software did you use to edit the files, please?

It’s a text file. I connected my smartphone to my PC, copied the brf-files into it and then created/edited the new ones. I used Notepad++ but you can use any simple text editor (like standard Windows Notepad editor for example). Then I copied the new files back into my smartphone.

But its also possible to copy and edit them directly on your smartphone by using a good file manager app. I prefer “Solid Explorer”. Go to the BRouter folder (\Android\data\btools.routingapp\files\brouter\profiles2), make new copies of the file “car-fast.brf” and then use the internal file editor of “Solid Explorer” (called “SE Editor”) to modify the contents (long tap on the file, select “open with”, then select “SE Editor”).

2 Likes

Or you can simply download this files to be unpacked and copied to your phone:

brf-files-for-kurviger.zip (6,5 KB)

7 Likes

Thank you. All loaded and ready to test.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate offline routing with BRouter.

Nice Profiles people offered! Thanks for that contribution!

From my point of view it would be really nice if kurivger app could use different profiles like
“car-fast”, “car-eco”, “fastbike” in Brouter
by choice in kurviger app like
“schnell und kurvig”, “kurvig”, “sehr kurvig”

This way one could preconfigure BRouter and use different profiles without touching BRouter in between .
I would love such an option!

The combination OSMand+BRouter works like this!

Question to the BRouter-Professionals

When I restart my phone,
BRouter resets back to standard profile mode setting like
motorcar_fast->car-fast
motorcar_short->car-eco
foot_fast->shortest

So to use modified profiles permanently, I have to rename them to car-fast / car-eco etc.

Anyone knows this problem?

BRouter power exists in external profiles, better handled in its app.

BRouter in Kurviger is more meant for offline navigation rerouting.
For route planning should use internet and Kurviger curvy routing.

1 Like

See also @SchlesiM’s post above with some detailed instructions.

Or change the mapping in BRouter’s serviceconfig.dat file.
See also its readme in “Routing via the service interface” section.

Hmmm, after proceeding like I described in my post above the content of my “serviceconfig.dat” looks like this, even after restarting the phone (just tested):

bicycle_fast Kurviger-smallroads
bicycle_short Kurviger-smallroads
foot_fast Kurviger-smallroads
foot_short Kurviger-smallroads
motorcar_fast Kurviger-smallroads
motorcar_short Kurviger-smallroads

Should be enough.

For this example I configured all BRouter profiles to use “Kurviger-smallroads” using BRouters own dialog interface:

Kurviger uses the car fastest profile in offline routing.

With BRouter that should be the “motorcar_fast”.