App: Navigation notifications

What could be done is to include the distance / time for both destination / waypoint.
(as duration + ETA appear together)

Do I understand correctly that if there was a via point, two distances and two times would be given, but if there is no via point, then only one time and only one distance?

If so, it could make it difficult to automatically distinguish which data is which…

It can be in separate rows:

• Distance • Duration • ETA • Speed
    (for destination)
  • Distance • Duration • ETA
    (for waypoint, if exists)
1 Like

Great! Tasker should deal with this just to read only the first row. If it fails, I’ll worry later :smiley: Thanks again!

Hi

I found two issues related to notifications

1. it is constantly notified. my phone rings all the time while navigating. If I mute notifications, I don’t get any more of them. it looks like the routing and thus the notification is updated several times a second. Is it wanted like that?

2. Unfortunately, the notifications are not sent to the 3rd party app used (turn-by-turn navigation for KTM). whereas the Google Maps notifications are picked up properly. are there different types of notifications on google maps and kurviger? does the 3rd party app have to be reprogrammed to receive the notifications from kurviger? Thank you!

Hallo

ich habe zwei Probleme im Zusammenhang mit Benachrichtigungen herausgefunden

1. es wird permanent benachrichtigt. mein Telefon klingelt die ganze Zeit während der navigation. wenn ich Benachrichtigungen auf stumm schalte, bekomme ich davon nichts mehr mit. es sieht so aus, als das das Routing und somit auch die Benachrichtigung also mehrmals in der Sekunde aktualisiert wird. ist das so gewollt?

2. die Benachrichtigungen werden leider nicht an die verwendete 3rd party App (turn-by-turn Navigation for KTM). wohingegen die Benachrichtigungen von Google Maps ordnungsgemäß aufgenommen werden. gibt es hier unterschiedliche Arten von Benachrichtigungen bei Google Maps und kurviger? muss die 3rd party App eventuell umprogrammiert werden um die Benachrichtigungen von kurviger zu empfangen?

Danke!

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Navigation notification is updated like the navigation panels from location updates.
    (I will check as cannot reproduce locally)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oz7k60eCt42q5nQMjaISrtewS1GliyeI/view?usp=drivesdk

There you can see (unfortunately not hear) the permanently notifications (see the bell symbol within the notification)

Hope this helps

We cannot see anything, please attach screens in the port.

What device and Android?
Every manufacturer modifies Android and handles notifications differently.

? See the gdrive link. There you find screen capture video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oz7k60eCt42q5nQMjaISrtewS1GliyeI/view?usp=drivesdk

Asus Zenfone 7 Android 11

Next update will contain navigation notification improvements.

@KingNothing you can check if it works better on your device.

Improved in Kurviger 2.2.2 (Beta).

Fixed! Thank you!

1 Like

Hallo, funktioniert die Pfeildarstellung im TFT Cockpit-Display schon bei jemanden und wenn ja mit welcher Maschine.

1 Like

I notice that two notifications are generated. I did not notice it before (maybe it is related to Android 12 which recently appeared on my device…) Should it be like that?

The 1st (old) notification is required for navigation + gps recording
to keep working when the app is in background or the screen is off.

The 2nd (new) notification is for the instructions (and external use).

Thanks for the clarification. So let them be both. The second is useful for sharing the time and distance to the trip destination, on the Telegram channel :+1:

1 Like

Can you share more details?

Can the Garmin smartwatches duplicate the phone notifications?

So you can use a Garmin smartwatch with Kurviger 2 navigation.
Can anyone test this?

Yes, of course, I have a plan to write something more. I just have to test it in the real world (it looks OK in the simulation), and… remember how I managed to achieve it :smiley:

2 Likes

Implemented in Kurviger 2.2.20.

1 Like