App: Navigation advanced route appearance

Noch ein Luxusproblem:
Ab und zu komm es vor daß sich Routen überkreuzen.Dann wirds unübersichtlch.
Bei meinem IGO Navi wars so:
Der momentan befahrene Tourenabschnitt ,bis zum nächsten Wegpunkt,war in einer anderen Farbe als der Rest der Tour.
Nur mal so als Anregung…

Another luxury problem:
From time to time it happens that routes cross. It’ll be confusing.
With my IGO Navi it was like this:
The current section of the tour, to the next waypoint, was in a different color than the rest of the tour.
Just as a suggestion . . . .

1 Like

Something like that?

Ja würde mir auch gut gefallen.
Gruss Rolf

This means different colors in navigation than in route planning.

Like when the multiple route profiles will be supported in the app:

Mir würden eigentlich 2 Farben reichen.
Eine Farbe für die Strecke(bis zum nächsten Wegpunkt)auf der ich mich momentan befinde-und eine andere Farbe für den Rest.
Bei einer Streckenführung die aussieht wie z.B. eine “8” wäre das gut für die Übersicht!

Two colors would be enough for me.
A color for the route (to the next waypoint) I am currently on – and a different color for the rest.
If a route looks like e. g. For example, an “8” would be good for the overview!

1 Like

What if the next waypoint is far away and an “8” exists in between?
And a route with only start + destination will have only one color.

Can you post a screenshot to see what it looks like?

Sowas z.B.
Man sieht sofort wo es lang geht.
Ohne Wegpunkt in der Schleife würde das wahrscheinlich nicht funktionieren.
Man bräuchte genaugenommen 3 Farben:“Gegenwart”,“Zukunft”,Vergangenheit"

Something like that.
You can see where you’re going.
Without a waypoint in the loop, it probably wouldn’t work.
You would need three colours:”present””,future”,past

Maybe it would be enough to draw small white arrows (which can now be drawn across the entire route) only on the active segment, without changing the color of that segment?

2 Likes

I once suggested something like this in the Garmin and Locus forum. At Locus so now present but in a slightly different form.
After user experience I have that proposal, the presentation of it now slightly adjusted. Without a cacophony of colors see drawing.
My preference is now simply provide the next nearby Target zone with high density directional arrows. Ready and clear and nice and tight. And keeps the usual Kurviger standard coloring.
Arrows not in the sample drawing applied as it was me something too much work for possibly no introduction :wink:
So replace those yellow stripes by arrows. Target zone for cycle bike proposal was 100m. Something more for motorbiking ?
This target zone so always runs ahead with the position and so perfectly indicates the next direction to go, even in 8 circuits.

Next drawing was presented for other app ! Pse only observe the target zone indication proposal

Update. And this next was my first intial proposal in the Garmin forum.
But so now I would prefer an indicator by high density arrows target zone.
The optimal method imo to keep the nice route presentation by the Kurviger app intact.
Tail_and_Pointer

2 Likes

Sometimes I’m shaking my head … because I don’t find a problem for all the solutions.
I just follow the announcements of kurvigerPRO, never had difficulties with crossing routes.

I myself am not asking this in this Motorbike app. For example, I only suggest an alternative presentation for a problem that I already know with complicated MTB routes where it is sometimes a problem if a direction indication is missing at an intersection. Routing generations are usually good, but not always perfect or even absent. Roger? Luxus problem nicht ?

Ich hatte dieses (Luxus)Problem ab und zu.
Es wäre in so einem Fall schon hilfreich-mit einen Blick-die Situation schnell zu erkennen,ohne die Aufmerksamkeit lange vom Verkehr abzuwenden.
Wie man das letztendlich löst ist egal-Hauptsache es ist gut zu erkennen.

I had this (luxury) problem from time to time.
In such a case, it would be helpful to see the situation quickly at a glance, without diverting attention from the traffic for a long time.
How to solve it in the end doesn’t matter-major It’s easy to see.

1 Like

As far as I can see that is just the way Garmin Navis work (my Zumo 660 and my Navigator 5 do).
Usually the active leg has a magenta color, inactive legs have a pale magenta color (you can change that by modifying theme files).

For me this is helpful, because now and then the map data does not match reality, if this happens just on a a crossing point / turn point between active and inactive leg, following the turn hints fails.

Up to now I could not create an “8” route without waypoints in the loops of the “8” (neither in Kurviger nor in an other route planer - but perhaps it is possible), so the definition “active leg is between previous and next waypoint” works fine.

I think, the idea of @devemux86, to show profile dependant route colors only in planning mode, is good - so you can choose the color with the best contrast for navigation mode, and in planning mode, where you usually can put your device in the shadow, you can use different colors for the planning.

Die APP Funktion “Richtungspfeile anzeigen” hast du aber schon entdeckt, oder?

2 Likes

Ja hab ich entdeckt.sieht man aber,bei Sonne, nicht wirklich gut.
Vielleicht liegts auch an meinen Augen…so ab 50 lässts halt nach.geht anderen aber wahrscheinlich genauso.

I have found the arrows,but in the sun,you cant see it well->too small.
Maybee it cold bee my eyes… from 50 on it wouldn`t get better…other people,I think, would have the same problem.

Wie ich anfangs schon geschrieben habe,handelt sich es um ein “Luxusproblem”.
Nicht wirklich schlimm.
Ich dachte nur wenns kein grösseres Problem wäre…könnte man vielleicht…

As I wrote at the beginning, it is a “luxury problem. ”
It’s not really bad.
I just thought if it wasn’t a bigger problem . . . .

Ich muss dir allerdings recht geben. In folgender Situation wäre eine zweite Farbe für die aktuelle Fahrtrichtung wirklich hilfreich gewesen.

Da hab ich mich doch tatsächlich verfranzt :slight_smile:
Also ich bin auch für eine zusätzlich Farbe für die aktuelle Richtung zum nächst folgenden Wegpunkt.

It is still not clear how the “next waypoint” would help.
And not until the next 1-2 turn instructions?

Schwierig ist mir klar.
Wie oben schon erwähnt… ein Luxusproblem.
Wäre schön, aber muss nicht sein :wink:

Da musst Du aber nicht aufgepasst haben … :innocent:
Ich hab’ die Situation mal nachgestellt: Kurviger und bin’s dann abgefahren:
kurviger3
siehe youtube
Sowohl die Anzeige links oben wie auch die Sprachausgabe ist m. E. völlig ausreichend.
Ich weiß: Luxus-Problem …
Dazu gibt es einen weisen Satz: Perfektion ist nicht dann erreicht, wenn es nichts mehr hinzuzufügen gibt, sondern dann wenn man nichts mehr weglassen kann. (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

3 Likes