App: Day / night mode

Wäre es eigentlich möglich, einen Tag/Nacht Skin zu implementieren, welcher bei Sonnenuntergang bzw. Sonnenaufgang automatisch umschaltet? Habe im Moment bei meinem Andoid basierten Fodsportsnavi die App “Brightness manager” installiert, da es keinen Lichtsensor hat. Dieses regelt aber nur das Backlight.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Such automatic functions require predefined colors for each time period.
It’s complicated to have many settings with custom colors for each period.

We would need a central setting of [Sunrise / sunset, Day, Night, Light sensor, …]
and change simultaneously:

• Map color
    It has more than 2 options, which 2 to keep (Normal, Dark)?

• Display colors
    They are freely defined by users (with 3 settings).

The map is simpler, but you may lose the ability to customize the display colors.

It could be a new setting with options:

• User
  • Sunrise / sunset
  • Day
  • Night
  • Light sensor

The User mode is default and works like now:
users select freely the map + display colors.

The other 4 options alternate between 2 predefined color sets.

• Map: Normal (or High contrast?) and Dark color
  • Display: 2 predefined sets for Display / Icon / Font colors

Das klingt doch super. Ich weiss jetzt leider nicht, wie genau der Wert für Sunrise/Sunset zum Beispiel in der App “Brightness Manager” ermittelt wird, aber es wird in jedem Fall über die GPS Zeit gemacht (ich habe keinen Lichtsensor). Gibt es in Android eine Schnittstelle, wo man die Information bekommt?

Dann einfach zwischen 2 festgelegten Skins auswählen, oder einfach “High Contrast mit Dark Color” für Nachtbetrieb.

Dann sollte aber bitte auch die Sommerzeit berücksichtigt werden … das war ein Witz!

Jungs, ihr könnt ja gerne machen was ihr wollt und meinetwegen noch mehr Firlefanz einbauen. Ich für meinen Teil mache das seit Jahren:

• sollte ich (was selten genug passiert) in die Dunkelheit kommen, dimme ich einfach das Display auf die mir genehme Intensität runter - dauert kaum 10 Sekunden und kann, wenn man vorsichtig genug ist, sogar während der Fahrt gemacht werden.

But then, please, the summer time should be taken into account … that was a joke!

Guys, you can do what you want and for my sake add more frippery. I for one have been doing this for years:

• should I (which happens rarely enough) come into the darkness, I simply dim the display down to the intensity I like - takes barely 10 seconds and can, if you’re careful enough, even be done while driving.

Naja das runterdimmen macht ja die externe App schon, funktioniert auch hervorragend. Trotzdem ist mir das schlichtweg noch zu hell; habe das gerade eben wieder gemerkt.

Bei der auf dem Chinanavi ebenfalls installierten APP “IGO” funktioniert das ja auch super, dort ist dann ein sehr dunkler aber kontraststarker Skin (wenig weisse oder hellgraue Flächen).

You can already customize various colors:

• Map colors in “Settings | Map | Map color”
  • Display / icon / font colors in “Settings | Application”

But it is not automatic with time.

Ja cool, danke!
Da sind ja schon diese Profile. Jetzt müsste man das ansich “nur” so machen, daß er im Nachtmodus die invertierte Darstellung nimmt, und im Tagmodus die Usergewählte. Das würde doch vollkommen ausreichen, denke ich

Custom colors can only be available in “User” mode.

Day and night modes will have predefined colors.
Or users will ask to customize the night colors too.
And all this will become very complicated…

1 Like

Schade…war ja nur so ne Idee

I’d like to have the map switch to ‘dark mode’ automatically when the light sensor notices it’s dark. So it would work in a tunnel, and at night.

The current dark mode for the map would be good. Although it’s not super dark, but better than the regular map.

The use case would be that if it doesn’t switch to dark mode the screen can be blinding/distracting. It’s not a super big problem since i mostly drive during the day, but it would be nice to have!

See the discussion above.

It is complicated, as users already asked to store different custom colors for many settings
for day / night mode.

Would it be possible to have an icon in the map to switch, or inside the menu on top left corner.

At the moment is to complicated to search inside the menu.