App: Carpe Iter

Kennt das schon jemand?

https://carpe-iter.com/carpe-iter-control/

1 Like

UWTB zu Besuch bei Carpe Iter (Tablet Navigation) inkl. deutschen Untertiteln
Die Fahrwegenen da wird das System vorgestellt und erklĂ€rt. FĂŒr eine ausfĂŒhrliche Diskussion solltest Du aber besser ein neues Thema aufmachen. :slightly_smiling_face:

UWTB visiting Carpe Iter (Tablet Navigation) incl. German subtitles
Die Fahrwegenen where the system is presented and explained. But for a detailed discussion you better open a new topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mein Beitrag war nur als Hinweis auf eine evtl. Alternative zu WunderLINQ gedacht.
Mir reicht die Aussage >> funktioniert oder funktioniert nicht!? << mit der kurviger App.

Ok :slightly_smiling_face: leider mit 175,75 € etwas teuer zum testen. :thinking: aber vielleicht hat ja Jemand schon den CI Control zu Hause.

Ok :slightly_smiling_face: unfortunately with 175,75 € a bit expensive to test. :thinking: but maybe somebody already has the CI Control at home.

Also ich bediene mein Smartphone lieber direkt - wenn das ĂŒberhaupt notwendig ist:

• der Auto-Zoom reicht mir vollkommen und
  • zurĂŒck zur Route oder
  • Überspringen des nĂ€chsten Wegpunkts

jeweils mit zwei Klicks, was will ich mehr?
Alles andere wird eh im Stand erledigt werden mĂŒssen (auch bei WunderLINQ und CI Control!).

Außerdem will ich wirklich noch 'n paar Knöpfe mehr auf meinem Lenker? Zumal die linke Seite eh schon kompliziert genug ist:

I prefer to operate my smartphone directly - if that is necessary at all:

• the auto-zoom is perfectly adequate for me and
  • back to the route or
  • skip the next waypoint

each with two clicks, what more do I need?
Everything else will have to be done while standing anyway (even with WunderLINQ and CI Control!).

And do I really want a few more buttons on my handlebars? Especially if the left side is complicated enough anyway:

Carpe-Iter-KTM-enduro-690r-9 . . . Honda-CRF-1100L-Africa-Twin-DCT

2 Likes

I just received my CI Control and did some tests. The control does work but not the way it is supposed to work. Using the joystick the app does not pan. The joystick makes the Kurviger map zoom in or out. The 2 buttons are supposed to be used for that but they only close the app.

The build quality of the control looks good so I hope that I am doing something wrong or that it can be fixed by Kurviger or Carpe Iter.

1 Like

The app currently supports zoom in / out via the “Settings | Application | External input device”.
(using Android key events)

Anything more needs an implementation based on the third-party device public requirements.
Are they somewhere public so app developers can see their key events?

Thanx devemux86.

Meanwhile after some ‘tampering’ i got it to work. In the normal mode the CI control device determines the active application and applies the correct settings to itself automatically. If I put the device in the socalled ‘fixed mode’ and the setting on ‘kurviger’ everything works like a charm. Zooming and panning!

So it seems that the interfacing with kurviger is not the problem. The problem seems to be that the control driver does not recognize kurviger as the active application.

I will forward a support request to the Carpe Iter guys.

Wilco

Gibt es zu Carpe Iter + Kurviger was neues.
WĂ€re Super wenn die hier mitgeteilt wĂŒrden.

Danke und LG

Sorry, it is impossible to invest time to search and study all third party controls.
Don’t they follow common requirements for Android keys?

They should have public documentation with their keys and app requirements,
to make life easier for app developers. Then I can see if and what is possible.

(if you know such public documentation, please post it here)

Anyway, next app version will have improved support for external input devices.

We will see if this controller works better with the new app version

Kurviger 1.14.16 is available, you can check if the controller works better.

(you can test with the “Settings | Application | External input device”)

Leider funktioniert es nicht mehr.

Es ging aber bereits aber aktuell nicht mehr.

Der Controller ist eine sehr gute Lösung und nicht nicht abhÀngig von einem Hersteller wie BMW und WunderLINQ.

Ich bitte auch darum, das Kurviger und CARPE ITER besser funktionieren.

Hello,

will there be support before the CARPEiter CI Control?

https://carpe-iter.com/carpe-iter-control/

You can try one of the options in “Settings | Application | External input device”
and see if your controller works better.

See also the answer above:

@Hobbyfahrer
Bedienst du dann mit dem CarpeIter dein Smartphone wÀhrend der Fahrt?
Ich will mir irgendwie gar nicht vorstellen aufn Motorrad wĂ€hrend der Fahrt mein Smartphone zu bedienen, egal mit was. Außer mit Sprachsteuerung evtl. aber nutze ich nicht.

@Zepp

That’s right, because that’s what the remote control is for and you don’t have to fiddle around with the touch display

Yes, but I can’t imagine that with the control unit either.
When I want to do something on the smartphone, I pull over to do it.
It’s interesting that some motorcyclists also operate their smartphones while driving. However, it would not be an option for me.

That’s because you have no remote control :wink:
To be serious: If you have remote buttons on the handlebar or something similar (BMW multi controller wheel), it is quite easy to do simple tasks like zooming in/out the map during driving - same way as for example you switch on/off turn idicator.

It is much saver than tapping on a display during riding - you should try it before judging it!

1 Like

I didn’t mean to judge anything here, so I apologise if it seemed that way.
I just don’t see the need to use my smartphone while driving. Kurviger simply runs too well :wink:

1 Like

Es ist fĂŒr mich wichtig das ich zoomen kann um einen schnelle Überblick zu bekommen und das geht mit WunderLINQ und CI Controller sehr gut.