App: Avoid roadblock

Thanks for the great discussions.

When thinking a bit more about this feature I was wondering what a good distance to avoid would be.

When you come to a closed road, you usually don’t know how long the closure is (unless you can see the end of the closure).

How do you usually handle this with your current navigation device?
For example above there was a screenshot from a TomTom device offering 100,500,2000,5000m distances. Are these reasonable choices?
Are you for example always go for the same options? How do you choose which option you pick?

The distances in the TomTom screenshots above only describe where the roadblock starts, but not how long it is and where it ends. To my knowledge, there is no way to tell TomTom how long it is.

I always use 100m or 500m, which means that the roadblock starts right in front of me. Of course, it can then happen that you are led to the barrier again, if this is very long …

TomTom manual mentions:

Tap this button if you can see a roadblock or a line of traffic ahead. You then have to choose how much of the route ahead you want to avoid.

Choose from the different options available. TomTom App recalculates your route avoiding the section of the route for the distance you selected.

Don’t forget that once a new route is calculated, you may have to turn off the road you are on very soon.

If the roadblock suddenly clears, tap Recalculate route to return to your original route.

1 Like

Oh, I did not know that, but that makes perfect sense! I should read the documentation more often …

Then I would implement that in Kurviger as well.

Hi,
generally speaking, according to my own personal experience w/ other Nav, the length is not very important. The main issue is, that you can be sure the the NAV brings you efficiently back to your original route and potentionally managing a waypoint which may ly in the blocked part. If you are skipping a few hundred meters or some kilometers is normally compared to the total route lenght of little interest. 500m up to 5Km w/ 2 or 3 stepsis perfectly OK 4me. Just in case, if your 1st selection falls to short, you can append another road block. Deviation distances are usually not so long.

1 Like

3 Likes

Looks promising :grin::+1:t3:

here we go
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Yes :):grinning:

Ähhhh…is this a test or realistic?
Where to find? How to find :slight_smile:

BR
juschka

Implemented in Kurviger 1.10.3.

1 Like