Anzeige der aktuellen Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung mit Velociraptor / Display of the current speed limit with Velociraptor

Durch Zufall bin ich auf die Velociraptor App gestoßen und hab’s mal ausprobiert. Auf den ersten Blick funktioniert es ganz gut. Getestet hab ich’s auf 'ner kurzen Hausrunde. Der Warnton bei Überschreitung der zulässigen Geschwindigkeit ist durchaus nützlich! Ein paar screenshots am Ende …

Aber:

• Dadurch dass keine Offline-Karten genutzt werden (wobei ich mir bei den angebotenen kostenpflichtigen Abos von TomTom- und Here-Karten nicht sicher bin), ist der Online-Datenverbrauch deutlich höher als der der Kurviger App.
  • Außerdem zieht Velociraptor ordentlich am Akku. Während der Navigation mit Kurviger lade ich mein XT1 normalerweise sogar auf; mit Velociraptor verringert sich die Kapazität kontinuierlich, trotz Ladekabel.
  • Und so wie Kurviger mitunter darunter leidet, dass die OSM-Daten nicht akkurat sind, so stimmen die angezeigten Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungen wahrlich nicht immer.

Fazit:
Momentan wieder de-aktiviert.

Vielleicht will ja jemand von euch auch “spielen” …

By chance, I came across the Velociraptor app and tried it out. At first glance it works quite well. I tested it on a short home run. The warning tone when exceeding the allowed speed is quite useful! Some screenshots at the end …

But:

• The fact that no offline maps are used (although I am not sure about the paid subscriptions of TomTom and Here maps), the online data consumption is significantly higher than that of the Kurviger app.
  • In addition, Velociraptor pulls neatly on the battery. During navigation with Kurviger I usually even load my XT1; with Velociraptor the capacity decreases continuously, in spite of charging cable.
  • And just as Kurviger may struggle with inaccurate OSM data sometimes, the displayed speed limits are not always correct.

Conclusion:
Currently de-activated.

Maybe someone of you also wants to “play” …

1 Like

My recommendation would the app “TempoMaster”. It offers nice features and is quite modest concerning power consumption.

Because it’s also based on OSM of course it has the same problems when speed info is missing or inaccurate.

1 Like

Does TempoMaster give Information to the speed or also “Blitzer” ? How is it working with “new” mobile Blitzer?
Thanks & BR
juschka

It uses OSM info for “Gefahrenstellen” (stationary danger zones).

I never used it as a warning tool for radar controls, only to display the current speed limit. But you can get additional information here (or you simply test the tool to see if it fits your needs).

ok thanks.
One more for understanding: What’s the content of “Gefahrenstellen” in OSM?
Baustellen? Dangerous curves? Schools?
What’s included in OSM?
Thanks & BR juschka

In fact this means “stationary radar controls”, based on the available OSM data:

But like I already mentioned: the main purpose of TempoMaster is not to serve as a radar control warning tool (this is only an additional feature) but to simply be informed about the current speed limit while driving along.

Yeah, but I don’t want to be warned about each crossing, school, church, what ever could be defined as “dangerous” - then it’s too much.
So I’ll test it
Thanks & BR juschka

1 Like

Please read my last post: it’s only a database with the positions of stationary radar controls.

If you want more reliable speed infos and dynamic warning about radar controls (both stationary and temporary) then “TomTom Blitzer” may be worth a look.

It also features an overlay mode so that the info can be integrated into Kurviger’s app:

Because it’s based on real time information you need a permanent data connection. And you have to allow TomTom to use your GPS position and movement data (which is needed to identify traffic jams).

Hallo,

habe gestern mal den TempoMaster ausprobiert. Dieser Tipp von SchlesiM war für mich sehr Hilfreich. Problem ist leider die OSM Datenbank. In Ost-Thüringen jedenfalls sind noch viele Lücken vorhanden. Es soll aber möglich sein, die Datenbank über die App zu aktualisieren. Kennt sich damit jemand aus?

Zwecks Baustellen habe ich mal diese App “Stauinformationen” gefunden. Zeigt zumindest die Baustellen an. In wieweit die List vollständig ist weis ich leider nicht. Aber es ist ein Anfang. Bei meinen letzten Routen haten die Baustellen schon einen starken Einfluss ( Route 140 km + Umleitungen 40 km).

Viele Grüße

Basti

Eine Info zur aktuellen Lage Nutzung muss deaktiviert sein – Radarwarner auf Navi illegal
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
An info on the current situation Use must be deactivated - radar detector on navigation system illegal

1 Like